FCC Moves Toward 'Historic' Spectrum Sharing Plan

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The FCC is finally making some headway in creating new spectrum of wireless frequencies by opening up what is called the Citizens Broadcast Radio Service frequencies for use with Wi-Fi applications.

The FCC voted Friday to approve its so-called Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) plan to open up wireless frequencies from 3550MHz to 3700MHz to new users, including new devices that could use the spectrum like current devices use Wi-Fi.

I can just see how this is going to work out, sharing spectrum between military radars and civilian users....

"Army officials speculate that the failure of it's latest missile test was caused by unauthorized texting by a pair of teenagers in the test area"

I can just see how this is going to work out, sharing spectrum between military radars and civilian users....

"Army officials speculate that the failure of it's latest missile test was caused by unauthorized texting by a pair of teenagers in the test area"

The article indicated they would exclude about 40% of the population from this because of reserved bands for the military that are not to be shared ... they highlighted that is actually a risk for this new spectrum as the remaining 60% might not be enough to make the spectrum profitable ... plus, the article also noted that the companies using that spectrum would have to develop the technology to manage the interference ... I doubt this will be of much benefit to anyone for many years based on those obstacles

Citizens Broadcast Radio....as in CB Radio?!? Way to come up with a new term FCC.

I still have my Cobra Plus 25. I'm old.

BP

Back