PCIe SSD Roundup

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at PC Perspective have rounded up a handful of PCIe SSDs and put them to the test today.

While it may not be faster than the ultimate top end speed of the Intel SSD 750, I believe it to be faster where it matters most. The better handling of IO's less than 4K in size helps with responsiveness in small file manipulations and other operations that are more likely to be encountered in consumer setups. We know the NVMe SM951 is coming to OEMs, but we would *really* like to see it in retail as well.

Something you might like to investigate is how adding one of these to a gaming rig affects gaming performance. Not the ones in that article as they use PCIe2 x1 slots, though but ones that plug into the main PCIe slots like the new Intel 750. For instance, if I were to plug one into the PCIe3 x4 socket on my motherboard, it would drop the other two full-sized slots to x8/x4.

http://www.techpowerup.com/

as i said go to the website...its on the top of the page -_- intel 750 1.2TB review :)

You could provide a direct link.

Except that article doesn't answer my question. If you're referring to pages 12 and 13, they're about level loading rather than game performance. If you're referring to page 2 it just mentions giving up the x16 slot but does not quantify the in-game performance loss.

Plus that techpowerup article they didn't even set up the 750 properly in the BIOS and used a low end machine for the tests.

Back