Thermaltake Core X9

HardOCP News

[H] News
Overclockers Club has published a review of the Thermaltake Core X9 cube case. If you need a large case for your next system build, this review should be of interest.

The Thermaltake Core X9 is a builder's dream. There is just a ton of space. You can put a license plate on the X9 and take the family camping. Stack two cases together and you have a condo on the beach. Ok, I exaggerate, but the large internal volume and modular design allow for almost unlimited options for fan and radiator mounting.

I want one of these cases so badly to house a dual xeon E-ATX board with an above case to hold all the drives I want to use or slap in a radiator. They are battletanks and so simple to use. Then again I'd need to clear a bunch of space to put these things one ontop of another.

When is [H] doing a review of this case? I saw the smaller version was reviewed but this is the one an enthusiast would want and is one of the more innovative cases to come out recently.

I just finished ordering the case through PCHound (Thanks Aunt!). the X9 will be replacing my Corsair Air 540 as I prefer motherboards to be horizontal instead of vertical. A lot easier to work on by a long shot.

Last edited:
I have one of these bad boys.

HUGE freaking case. GOBS of space.

The only "downside" for me is the location of the drive bays underneath. They're not particularly well-placed and wiring them up is a bit of a bitch (the drives mount sideways, not front-to-back. So you have to basically remove an entire cage at a time, put the drive in, and hook up the cables, then put it back in.

They'd have been better served with a pair of front-to-back cages, as it would have made for neater, easier cable management.

Pics: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1855441

The Core X9 is friggin' huge! :eek: Much, much larger than my Corsair AIR 540. With the way it is designed there is ample space to work with and provides plenty of options to fit just about every enthusiast's needs.

I really hope [H] does a review of the Thermaltake Core X9 as I feel it is a good candidate to go through the rigorous testing [H] is known well for.

Back