Project CARS Specs And 12K Support

HardOCP News

[H] News
It already takes some impressive hardware for today's games to run at 4K and these guys are talking 12k resolution?

The Project CARS FAQ now offers minimum and recommended system specifications for this racing game in the works at Slightly Mad Studios (thanks Eurogamer). Since 8K resolution is so next year, they are turning this past 11 to promise support for 12K resolution for those with 12 monitor setups, or whatever it would take to run that.

It kills me that there are no body mods or rims. Half the enjoyment I get out of these games is customizing the look of the cars.

12K != 3x4K... 12K would consist of 9 4K monitors in 3x3. Obviously they just means 3 x 4K.

Marketing lingo. Instead of them saying it supports triple monitor eyefinity they are calling it 12k.

3x4k monitor setup is near 12k 'wide' but it's still only 4k 'tall'.

A true 12k panel is 11520x6480? Sure, it's still a hell of a lot of pixels to push but's it's not near as many of what a true 12k panel would be pushing.

Either or though, it would take butt loads of gpu power to push.

Well it's a wrap as this was posted today in the Builds forum. Don't normally post things from the development team, but I figured you'll would like to know that the game is done. Of course they are still going to work on it more and add stuff that we suggest. But the main game is ready to ship. ;)

Just an informal heads up that we're coming to the end of standard WMD build distribution now. What you have currently is very close to what will be available on Steam on day one - it's likely to be one or two more daily builds until we hit that point and that will be it. Obviously we'll post in more detail once things are finalised but I wanted to post something now so it isn't such a "that's it, no more!" shock when it happens.

Well it's a wrap as this was posted today in the Builds forum. Don't normally post things from the development team, but I figured you'll would like to know that the game is done. Of course they are still going to work on it more and add stuff that we suggest. But the main game is ready to ship. ;)

Just an informal heads up that we're coming to the end of standard WMD build distribution now. What you have currently is very close to what will be available on Steam on day one - it's likely to be one or two more daily builds until we hit that point and that will be it. Obviously we'll post in more detail once things are finalised but I wanted to post something now so it isn't such a "that's it, no more!" shock when it happens.

And then comes the zero day patches and updates.

Marketing lingo. Instead of them saying it supports triple monitor eyefinity they are calling it 12k.

3x4k monitor setup is near 12k 'wide' but it's still only 4k 'tall'.

A true 12k panel is 11520x6480? Sure, it's still a hell of a lot of pixels to push but's it's not near as many of what a true 12k panel would be pushing.

Either or though, it would take butt loads of gpu power to push.

But imagine the amount of icons you could fit on to that desktop!

It kills me that there are no body mods or rims. Half the enjoyment I get out of these games is customizing the look of the cars.

I though CARS is a racing simulation as opposed to a "racing game". I like to mod stuff too but perhaps the focus of this program leans more towards the serious simulation racer? I could be wrong. :confused:

I though CARS is a racing simulation as opposed to a "racing game". I like to mod stuff too but perhaps the focus of this program leans more towards the serious simulation racer? I could be wrong. :confused:

Yes, more serious racing, for people who like to race.

Man - 900p to get 60fps on the xbone while the recommended requirements PC are an ivy quad core and "GT600" series (they might want to be more specific since I'm sure a GT620 isn't going to cut it, and there seems to be an imbalance between i7 and "GT600").

Even though the publisher appears to be high, those are some pretty tame specs. Microsoft really screwed themselves by under-powering that machine. Unless DX12 is as amazing as the most delusional proponents are claiming and they can push it out to the xbone in a way that is successful, it's not looking good as games mature - hopefully dev's don't underpower everything to compensate which in turn screws us...

I'm a big fan of Assetto Corsa but I'll probably get this as well as long as the reviews are good.
AC is smooth as silk on my Phenom [email protected]/R280x and I'm hoping Project Cars will be also.

Back