Hollywood Seeks Net Neutrality Exceptions to Block Pirates

HardOCP News

[H] News
But...but...but...we only want net neutrality exemptions to block pirates. Honest. :rolleyes:

The Motion Picture Association has written to Brazil's Justice Minister seeking exceptions to the country's fledgling “Internet Constitution". In a submission to the government the MPA says that the Marco Civil's current wording on net neutrality deprives courts of the opportunity to order the blocking of 'pirate' sites.

Establish a new business model or die. I don't much care for the movies that organization represents so the latter scenario would be just as suitable.

It is reasonable within the Net Neutrality rules to establish a protocol for dealing with sites that violate the law ... however, they should insure that appropriate due process occurs in those cases since the sites outside the jurisdiction of the court may also be tried in absentia (if they are unable or unwilling to attend in the jurisdiction where the hearing is occurring) ... if no one is representing the site they should still receive adequate due process ... the blocking approach would likely only work for casual users though as the hardcore user probably has access to VPN or other access to hop around the globe and access questionable or higher risk sites from friendly countries where a block is unlikely

They might as well seek exceptions to any law which binds them from protecting their ancient business model. Anyone who dares to consume their product via the internet deserves a sneak visit from the RIAA equivalent of Blackwater.... or something that stupidly insane.

"Wah our business model isn't viable anymore! Quick! Raise more sand walls against the ocean and try to make it illegal for the tide to come in!"

We kept telling you guys but you wouldn't listen. This is not what you thought it was.

i have my share of content, the second i got an Amazon box and a proxy, i was watching everything via my amazon box with Prime, i had no reason to obtain content in other methods. Living in Costa Rica, TV series are literally 1-2 seasons behind in some cases...

Then smart channels like HBO said lets have Game of Thrones on the same time in other countries.. GREAT no need to find it elsewhere.

Just saying this as i am likley one of many proof cases that if you give me content in an easy manner, i will pay for it no problems.

This is about Brazil's Net neutrality I must have missed [H] making a big deal about it.

Back