Because I enjoy teasing you... quickest way to 120TB.

fastgeek

[H]ard|DCOTM x4 aka "That Company"
Until the 10TB drives come along this is the fastest way to 120TB. :p To be fair eleven of them are 4Kn drives and four are AF (different use cases) but all are SAS12.

Some time back I posted four of these; but didn't have the hardware to test. Now have 15 of them and will actually have the supporting hardware too.

Presuming I can keep it for a few days (fingers crossed) I'll see about getting some performance numbers from the 4Kn drives on a SAS12 controller and hopefully rebuild times too. If you have *reasonable* requests for a bench you'd like to see, let me know. Absolutely no promises as to what I'll be able to do.

(Should have the AF drives longer, but will be at SAS6 due to hardware; so numbers will likely be lower to that + less spindles)

And, no, I won't send you one. ;)

120TB.jpg

8TB-4KN.jpg

8TB-AF.jpg

NIce, is this your personal set or is this for work?

7200 rpm? really? no 10k or 15k rpm?

Wish I could afford these drives for my personal server. :p

Pretty sure no one offers these 8TB drives in 10k+ RPM. If they did, we'd probably buy them just to be safe. That being said, our use case (currently) isn't that IOP intensive; so higher RPMs wouldn't be of that much use.

Wish I could afford these drives for my personal server. :p

Pretty sure no one offers these 8TB drives in 10k+ RPM. If they did, we'd probably buy them just to be safe. That being said, our use case (currently) isn't that IOP intensive; so higher RPMs wouldn't be of that much use.

I'm sure that 10K drives top out at not much more than 1.8TB

Back