What New Things Should You Expect In GTA V PC

HardOCP News

[H] News
GameSpot sat down with Rockstar today to get an idea what we can all expect from GTA V PC.

It's been a long road, but Grand Theft Auto V is finally coming to PCs next week. As well as the requisite improved graphics we all expect from the PC version, Rockstar is throwing some new features into the game, including a ton of visual options and a host of new additions and improvements to the editor mode.

On top of all these additions to the editor is director mode. This gives players the opportunity to play and record their own scenes using any actor from GTA V including story and Heist crew characters, people on the street and even animals. As you play through the GTA V story, more and more character options will open up for you to use. You can also get them to speak specific lines of dialog or perform contextual actions, opening the door for amazing possibilities. You will also have control over details like time of day and weather, "Wanted" status and pedestrian density. Some of the classic cheats will open up too, bringing a ton of cinematic possibilities.

Okay, that takes machinima to a whole new level. Can't wait to play it.

I wonder at what res will my stock 290 4GB with stock 3770k 16GB RAM will be able to run @ 60fps. I wonder what about if I OC my 290?

I'm thinking that what I should "expect" from GTA 5 is a year-old game being sold to me at full price.

I'm thinking that what I should "expect" from GTA 5 is a year-old game being sold to me at full price.

That said they have reworked things and added in new features. One thing that is nice about GTA V is that since it has been released they have been giving a pretty consistent set of updates. Anyone else would be charging you for DLC. They have been giving it away as free. So if buying the game new right now on some other console I personally wouldn't feel that bad about paying full price as they have been adding in new features so the game that you get on the Xbox one / PS4 is not exactly the same game on the 360 / PS3 and isn't the exact same game you get on the PC. They are at least giving you something for the full cost. As opposed to the normal port to new system and charge the same for an older game.

It's full price if you buy it from Steam, $46.79 if you buy the RGSC version from Green Man Gaming.

I would expect it to allow em to import my own songs into a custom radio station just as GTA IV allowed me to do. Why leave that feature out ?

They completely refused to answer the modding question.

"Hey Rockstar, modding in GTA V?"

"Our GTA Online community is great!"

Wat?

Please don't be buggy like GTA4. Please run reasonably well on decent hardware.
That's all I want to know.

I read it as "no modding cause cheaters will screw up the online."

I agree. If they allowed the game to be modded then people could screw with the online part of the game, add in tons of money and destroy the entire in game economy.

While I understand that was a big part of GTA IV, they have given people tools to do some things in game to make things. Anything beyond that is going to "break" things.

Please don't be buggy like GTA4. Please run reasonably well on decent hardware.
That's all I want to know.

Max Payne 3 ran great. And that was a newer version of the engine than GTA4

PC gaming has always been superior. Sucks that we've been saddled with so many console ports and bug ridden games rushed to market for quick cash fucking the customer. Rockstar did it right and they are right up there with Valve as far as I'm concerned. Fuck EA. :D

Back