Netflix Announces Its List Of "Recommended" TVs

My Samsung Smart TV seems solid with all of those criteria, except the Netflix button...hmmm, I wonder why Netflix wouldn't recommend it.

All three performance criteria hinge on the app itself and your connection quality. Nothing makes sense as usual.

Just not really getting the point of app enabled TVs when there's all of these devices that are much more flexible that can be connected to them.

Netflix is two clicks on my new Samsung, except at startup, then just one.

Hmm,
My Vizio smartTV has a Netflix button right on the the remote.

Surprised I didn't see that brand; but I think it's more of an advertising ploy; pay Netflix to hype your brand TV.

Would you buy a TV based on what Netflix recommends?

No. What this is is a so-called "smart TV" recommendation...if you have a Internet-accessing Blu-Ray player, for instance, you already have a "smart TV"--built in to the player--instead of into the TV itself. Netflix is "recommending" these "smart TVs" because with them you can load the Netflix service--but as I say all you need is a "smart device" and if you have that a "smart TV" isn't required...;)

Requiring a Netflix button on the remote is just cheesy. I do not want a remote with buttons devoted to every damn video service out there.

Requiring a Netflix button on the remote is just cheesy. I do not want a remote with buttons devoted to every damn video service out there.
Don't worry. It's just Netflix...and to give the devil its due, modern remote controls have a ton of rarely used buttons (especially the attempted "universal" ones that can come with devices) and the Netflix button is at least colorful. :)

Eh most all smart TVs are way too slow to matter, I usually try to get the best panel and the largest size I can at the cheapest price possible.

Besides there are hundreds of devices that do it better already.

Guess it depends on which is easier to set up 5.1 with and for 4K, does a different set do 4k Netflix as well (or better) than a 4k Roku (not sure those exist yet).

Would I buy a tv because Netflix recommended? Absolutely not. I want the highest quality panel for the size and price I can afford. I prefer my tv not to handle apps add I'm not going to use it for that. I absolutely won't but it if it has a camera and or Mic in it. I just want my tv to be a display for the things I connect, nothing more.

Would I buy a tv because Netflix recommended? Absolutely not. I want the highest quality panel for the size and price I can afford. I prefer my tv not to handle apps add I'm not going to use it for that. I absolutely won't but it if it has a camera and or Mic in it. I just want my tv to be a display for the things I connect, nothing more.

i think those are mostly going away. Camera doesn't matter to me, because a piece of black tape should neuter it, but a mic I wouldn't like. On the plus side, I don't think any of that matters, so long as you don't give it access to your network.

I'm a Netflix subscriber...and I like the red Netflix button on my remote. I don't pay for any other service, and if I want some of the others (like free Hulu, etc.) I access those directly from the Sony Network screen via an icon/direction keys. (My remote is for my "smart" Sony Blu-Ray player...)

I just want a quality television, but LCDs are pretty terrible. Even the best and most expensive consumer level LCDs are terrible when it comes to picture quality.

My Samsung's Netflix app sucks nuts.

Every app I tried on my Samsgun TV ran like shit. I even have a supposedly fast dual core TV. I just use a Fire TV for playing media now, the Fire TV works much faster than the Samsung garbage.

Erm... If I have a Roku what difference does Smart make?

*:-P

Funny my Netflix app works great on my VT60 which had s Netflix button but the hulu and Amazon prime app sucks terribly.

Wonder why :D

Smart TV's are crap. I have a receiver for a reason. And it is much easier to understand for the rest of my family that you have to have the receiver on to watch cable or netflix through our PS3. (yes still no PS4 and no I'm not running a 4k tv. )

Back