Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3400 Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Hardware Canucks have published a review of Corsair's Dominator Platinum DDR4-3400.

The Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX4M4B3400C16 is a quad-channel 16GB (4x4GB) memory kit rated at DDR4-3400 with timings of 16-18-18-36 at 1.35V. This eclipses the previous high water mark of DDR4-3333 and is considerably higher than the impressive G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4-3200 kit that we recently reviewed.

CL14 at 3050mhz is pretty damn good, even for Hynix chips.

Looks like these might be the new guaranteed set for overclockers!

that is an insane amount of money for only 16GB capacity

$1000...holy shit. I suppose for someone wanting/needing that level of memory performance, it might be worth it. I'll just hold on to my aging DDR3 system until DDR4 isn't priced as a niche/halo product in about 2 years.

$1000...holy shit. I suppose for someone wanting/needing that level of memory performance, it might be worth it. I'll just hold on to my aging DDR3 system until DDR4 isn't priced as a niche/halo product in about 2 years.

There are DDR4 2800 sets at $450 for 32GB.

Problem is if you go by the recommended vendor list for ram it's majority corsair... Which is always way more expensive than others.

There are DDR4 2800 sets at $450 for 32GB.

Problem is if you go by the recommended vendor list for ram it's majority corsair... Which is always way more expensive than others.

Cheapest 32GB DDR4 set I can find on Newegg is $330 for DDR3-2133 @ CAS 15.

The 32GB of DDR3-1600 1.35V I have (two 16GB kits) cost me a total of $215, and I just bought the second set about a month ago during this crazy high DDR3 pricing.

My DDR3 modules and the DDR4 set I am referring to are made by Crucial, which I trust over just about every other memory brand right now since I know I'm getting Micron chips straight from the source.

In regards to DDR4 pricing, my point is that it's still too early for me to adopt it because of the exorbitant prices. Once DDR4 prices drops to about half of what they are now (similar to the DDR1, DDR2, and DDR3 price crashes in the past), then I'll gladly move to a supporting platform. And by then, I'll likely actually need to upgrade my CPU and MoBo for better system performance.

Kudos to everyone getting DDR4 now, though. You are helping prime things for a price crash in the relative near future for a frugal-ish person like myself. :cool:

Cheapest 32GB DDR4 set I can find on Newegg is $330 for DDR3-2133 @ CAS 15.

The 32GB of DDR3-1600 1.35V I have (two 16GB kits) cost me a total of $215, and I just bought the second set about a month ago during this crazy high DDR3 pricing.

My DDR3 modules and the DDR4 set I am referring to are made by Crucial, which I trust over just about every other memory brand right now since I know I'm getting Micron chips straight from the source.

In regards to DDR4 pricing, my point is that it's still too early for me to adopt it because of the exorbitant prices. Once DDR4 prices drops to about half of what they are now (similar to the DDR1, DDR2, and DDR3 price crashes in the past), then I'll gladly move to a supporting platform. And by then, I'll likely actually need to upgrade my CPU and MoBo for better system performance.

Kudos to everyone getting DDR4 now, though. You are helping prime things for a price crash in the relative near future for a frugal-ish person like myself. :cool:

There's still a premium for DDR4 for sure, just wanted to make sure people knew it wasn't $1k for 16GB all the time. :)

I saw a chart where 2400 Mhz and higher there's diminishing returns for DDR4. I haven't seen conflicting data yet.

Back