PiKasa Will Turn Your Raspberry Pi into a Laptop

The $75 level is still available, and $25 to ship to the US. Maybe I'm a sucker, but that looks cool. In for 1.

Putting the screen on a hinge is probably pricey for this price point but the screen and keyboard should be able to be collapsed for some degree of portability.

Would be more practical if the screen hinged like a standard laptop. Still cool though.

At $99 they're beginning to compete with low-end android tablets like the HP Stream 7 and HP 7 G2, which also retail for $99. Then the Pi is severely outclassed. I can see why you'd buy this for fun, but it's not such a great deal all told.

those china android tablets are more useful than this...

and people laugh at chromebooks...

Putting the screen on a hinge is probably pricey for this price point but the screen and keyboard should be able to be collapsed for some degree of portability.

Yea I have to agree with you on this. Also no trackpad?

I kinda see these things as neat but a chromebook or hp steam would be a much better option for most.

They do, and I don't understand why.

Neither do I. I bought the C710 two years ago and it's still my daily driver. I only turn on the desktop when I want to play games or need to do some video work.

My thoughts exactly. The Hisense Chromebook is already $149.

It's so cheap that it's just like free candy! :D

Anyway, yes it's kinda cool, but even the RPi2 stuffed into that case wouldn't be very practical or cost competitive with an inexpensive Windows tablet...though it would probably compete pretty well with Android products since there are very few in that price bracket that are useful or practical.

Back