Twitter Is Now Placing Ads Within User Profiles

HardOCP News

[H] News
Twitter has decided that the next great thing is to put ads inside user profiles.

Twitter is bringing promoted tweets, the app’s signature ad unit, to people’s profile pages as part of a new test. That means when you visit the page of another user, you may find a targeted Twitter ad waiting for you a few tweets into that user’s stream.

I created a twitter account recently only to follow a couple folks that I find amusing. I tried the twitter app and quickly got rid of it in favour of another app because the app forced me to scroll just to see a message. The whole screen was constantly dominated by them trying to get me to follow more people. Obviously, the more people I follow the more I might see their ads.

I created a twitter account recently only to follow a couple folks that I find amusing. I tried the twitter app and quickly got rid of it in favour of another app because the app forced me to scroll just to see a message. The whole screen was constantly dominated by them trying to get me to follow more people. Obviously, the more people I follow the more I might see their ads.

Wow they're still doing this? I had to use a 3rd party app for the very same reason. This was like 2 years ago. If they ever close off the API or otherwise block access to 3rd party then I'm completely done.

Back