Van Der Waerden Numbers

RFGuy_KCCO

DCOTM x4, [H]ard|DCer of the Year 2019
Looks like I am the first to make a thread on this project... Do I win a prize? :cool:

Anyway, I just wanted to warn anyone considering running this project that it currently uses lots of memory - upwards of 1.5GB per WU. Make sure you have plenty of RAM to run this project, or you limit the number of WU's you run at one time via an app_config.xml file. Otherwise, this project runs great. The project admin is considering using a different app, which would lower memory requirements. However, for now, it is a memory hog. You have been warned! :p

teamdaily.php

Right after getting retired, the admin pipes up and starts actively fixing things...supposedly not retired now.

Project has ended.

Sorry for my recent inactivity. A paper has been posted on arxiv for this project at [1603.03301] New Lower Bounds for van der Waerden Numbers Using Distributed Computing, and has been submitted for publication. I would like to thank all the volunteers who contributed their resources to this project. The project will no longer generate new work, but will incorporate any results received.

Paper Posted; End of Project

Bummer. I never reached my goal of 1 million points. I wish a heads-up had been given by the admin that the project would be ending at some point, so crunchers like me who like to hit goals could have hit it hard before it ended. Unfortunately, though, this is the norm from most of the projects. At least this one published some results and posted a farewell message. Many projects don't even do that.

Well, we had a challenge for this project in May for DC-vault inclusion. Anyway, there were only 3 members from [H] team (exclude HardOCPtest) but glad that they do something with our contributions.

Back