LCD monitors with speakers?

Valnar

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm going to buy my parents an Intel NUC so I figured a new monitor with speakers would be ideal if it can peel off the audio from the HDMI output. Do they exist?

Any recommendations for a mid-size monitor with decent audio?

my LG's have speakers in them and carries the audio from the computer via the hdmi port.
I had a pair of 24" Westinghouse monitors that were bought in 2007 that had speakers and hdmi, so it's nothing new.

Define decent. Define mid-size. For older users i would look for something like a 1920x1080 VA monitor around 24" in size. benq has a boatload of these, starting with the BL2400PT all the way GW24x0 series.

While older users will not benefit from twitters for high frequency reproduction, all users enjoy a good bass with decent low frequency reproduction. This is a good reason to use an independet 2.1 speaker system: to have proper bass.

I am happy with "all-range" 5w speakers on my monitors for internet usage, but no, i do not enjoy movies or music with them:(

The new "asus designo" monitors are supposed to have decent speakers in them. I would just buy some cheap desktop speakers though because the sound out of a monitor will never be good as they use miniscule drivers.

Back