NewEgg Kaspersky Antivirus 2015 $7.99.

Um..these go for free after rebate probably 5 times a year...maybe more.

The 5 years ive been w/ them, eh em...free, ive received my rebate every time. Even when I moved, I had them cancel the rebate and resend a new one to my forwarding address.

Do Kapersky scans still take a lot longer than others? I tried a free version once and a scan of a small HDD was taking hours vs the 30 mins all the others took

Do Kapersky scans still take a lot longer than others? I tried a free version once and a scan of a small HDD was taking hours vs the 30 mins all the others took

60 Gb installed here on a Samsung 840 Pro. Just ran it, timed at 2 minutes, 41 secs. :cool:

Um..these go for free after rebate probably 5 times a year...maybe more.

The 5 years ive been w/ them, eh em...free, ive received my rebate every time. Even when I moved, I had them cancel the rebate and resend a new one to my forwarding address.

Maybe so (I see them posted to SD often), but not dealing with rebates and supporting a great software for 8 bucks I think is great, time spent dealing with the MIR etc is not worth 8 bucks to me.

I also can't count the times when I was doing computer repair that their rescue disk (which is free) saved a computer I was working on (so bad it would not boot anymore). Back when I was doing this often, it was this on a bootable USB, then combo-fix then malware-bytes, always ended up with a clean system after those rounds.

That really depends on the AV in question and what that "scan" really does, some of the quick scans only hit memory and a few file/install locations. So depending on what those are for each can make a large difference in scan time, full scan vs full scan I have never been able to notice a difference, but I have also never timed it. Active protection is what I am after anyway, scans are set to run at night so I never see them anymore anyway.

Does this key work in perpetuity? Or do I have to buy a new key every friggin year?

^ Likewise. After waiting ten weeks, won't be doing that again.

Back