20 Of The Worst PC Setups

I feel so sorry for those consoles. So neglected.

The pic with the Bill Waterson quote is quite ironic. If I was an alien, I definitely wouldn't want to talk to that slob.

I love how these kids submit these pictures with their bong and kind bud sitting out. /facepalm

I love how these kids submit these pictures with their bong and kind bud sitting out. /facepalm

Legal in my state. Not that I could partake anyway. My company still doesn't allow it whether it's legal or not, and I love my job. So... It's whiskey and cigars for me. :D

These pics always surprise me. If I had a setup like that I probably wouldn't take pictures let alone post them. :D Not even from a "low-rent" perspective. Sometimes you just need to string shit up. :D However, what surprises me is all the trash, used food, and other refuse laying around. That's what bothers me about many of these setups. I'm sitting pretty these days as far as my PC and entertainment setups go, but there was a time in my life (when I was a lot younger, living in my first apartments) where some improvising was necessary now and then. BUT... I didn't just trash the place and live in filth. :confused:

I'm always disappointed by how nice these setups are. When I was in college I saw things 100x worse on a daily basis.

WHY WHY WHY does this thread and it's fat slovenly brother "the most filthy PCs" keep showing up here??
STOP IT!!!
We need REAL tech news, not this crap!

Those kids you play against in BF3 probably use these setups and are better then you.

No idea what's wrong with the first picture at all. Stated that it was just during the move, and it's relatively functional and clean. Sure, there's no chair so the back pains may be an issue, but that can't really be helped. I've used worse during transitional periods. Then again, maybe I'm just biased because I'm an anime fan. We're quite an endangered species amongst the pc gamer and pc enthusiast crowd, as I understand it.

I see Japanese print in on the boxes in the photo. Was that from someone actually in Japan? No wait, I see "Toronto, Canada" on the bottom (technically top) of the package. Probably Canadian then. Though the plug on the very left has me a little curious. I can't quite make out what type it is, and I don't believe I've seen one of those before.

The pic in the news post actually isn't as bad as a lot of the ones I see in these articles, posts, etc. My comments were related to these in general. Seeing things strung together like that actually reminds me of characters in cyberpunk books (like The Finn in Neuromancer for example.) There's a time and place for it. I think eventually, people grow up, get more money, buy nicer furniture, get a wife who won't stand for that type of mess, etc. etc. :D Improvised setups are fine. Many of them are temporary anyway. My main negative comments were due to the amount of trash and filth I see in a lot of pics in these types of threads. Yuck...

My workbench gets messy when I do a build. (design and build analog synthesizers as a side job/hobby) Ridiculously messy actually. But it all gets fixed after the build. I couldn't stand to leave it like that.

Pic in post reminds me of some setups I've seen in ghettos/trailer parks, complete with food garbage and heaps of dust that would choke out the hardiest airflow designs.

Kids today have ZERO respect for electronics, and they wonder why they went through 9 Xbox 360 consoles in 5 years. It's called keeping shit clean and dusting out your stuff, foo!

No idea what's wrong with the first picture at all. Stated that it was just during the move, and it's relatively functional and clean. Sure, there's no chair so the back pains may be an issue, but that can't really be helped. I've used worse during transitional periods. Then again, maybe I'm just biased because I'm an anime fan. We're quite an endangered species amongst the pc gamer and pc enthusiast crowd, as I understand it.

I see Japanese print in on the boxes in the photo. Was that from someone actually in Japan? No wait, I see "Toronto, Canada" on the bottom (technically top) of the package. Probably Canadian then. Though the plug on the very left has me a little curious. I can't quite make out what type it is, and I don't believe I've seen one of those before.

That guy even has a $47 headphone stand. Hell most people I know won't spend $47 on the headphones themselves!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
“Yes that trash can is my chair.”

Great summary.

This was probably as messy as my setup has been,
computers.jpg

Legal in my state. Not that I could partake anyway. My company still doesn't allow it whether it's legal or not, and I love my job. So... It's whiskey and cigars for me. :D

These pics always surprise me. If I had a setup like that I probably wouldn't take pictures let alone post them. :D Not even from a "low-rent" perspective. Sometimes you just need to string shit up. :D However, what surprises me is all the trash, used food, and other refuse laying around. That's what bothers me about many of these setups. I'm sitting pretty these days as far as my PC and entertainment setups go, but there was a time in my life (when I was a lot younger, living in my first apartments) where some improvising was necessary now and then. BUT... I didn't just trash the place and live in filth. :confused:

It's basically decriminalized in my state as well. Technically illegal, but from my younger "haight-ashbury" days in college it was overlooked even a decade ago before it was legalized for medical purposes.

That said, I can't believe all the trash either! My room is a horrific mess today - rebuilt both my gaming/productivity PC and my wife's graphic design PC over the weekend; then thought it would be a good idea to gut the closet. Realized I forgot to deactivate CS6 and spent 2 hours with Adobe before finally getting 2 extra licenses when I threatened to post one of the chat logs on every tech site on the internet. Just have to find the right rep that can actually do something for you... I ran out of time, and my office is almost as bad as those as far as clutter, but at least it's not trash, but it's random parts and containers I didn't finish sorting! Now I have to live with it until next weekend, crunch time at work unfortunately. It's giving me anxiety.

Those kids you play against in BF3 probably use these setups and are better then you.

The one's that are really good have wonderful setups and wouldn't be caught dead in these rooms. Sure they work at Burger King, but live in $1200 3 bedroom apartments with 4 roommates and literally spend every free penny they earn on their rigs, desks, and accessories. I knew a lot of the "pros" in the BF scene and not the Level Cap types (although he streamed a few of our matches); they take pride in building and aesthetics from what I've seen. Now if it were DOTA...

Of course most have never felt a vagina (or whatever their interest is), so they are socially awkward and due to this you would think they would live like this... their rig is their significant other. It's a lot closer to [H] post your workstation than you could imagine.

BTW I'm a 32 year old executive and I would make you rage within minutes in BF. My setup reflects my income ;)

Plus, whats with all the desktops right next to beds - wouldn't that be the worst way to use a computer? I cant handle my laptop for more than a few minutes in bed.

Back