Halo Online PC Trailer

MS doesn't want it on PC's because why would you buy an Xbox?

Ya know, there's something about Halo that just feels "right" when I play it (not very often, but on occasion). I enjoy and appreciate a lot of shooters, from Quake (1, 2 and Q3A) to UT to Battlefield, but for some reason there's something unique about Halo that I enjoy. I would certainly play it if they bring it to PC.

All they'd have to do is make it F2P and add microtransactions to make it worth it. I will never understand why they wouldn't want this in the western world. It'd be a huge cash boon and probably kill off quite a few of the other F2P stuff with the Halo name alone.

Wow, I would totally play that. I remember halo, ahh good times.

It's a shame Halo didn't come out on Nintendo...then we'd have all the worlds most insane video game fanboys in one neat stereotype......

The game is only for Russia PC? What's the stop North Americans from getting it? It seems to have a menu option for English.

They are probably doing it for the same reason as Activision with Call of Duty Online only for China. Piracy is too bad so lock it in to F2P to monetize it in that territory. They know that Europe and North America are going to buy the other versions at full retail so why cannibalize sales with a F2P version in those territories.

Also they will probably have purchases region locked by available transaction services and IDing credit cards etc by region too.

Croaker

This is one of the titles that should have been brought to PC if MS cared about windows gaming. As they do not plan to do this we now have proof positive that MS does not give a shit about windows gaming.

This is one of the titles that should have been brought to PC if MS cared about windows gaming. As they do not plan to do this we now have proof positive that MS does not give a shit about windows gaming.

Normally I'd agree but as always it helps to read past headlines before kneejerking. This isn't being developed by Microsoft, and its basically a knockoff game, a F2P with microtransactions. Think Warface with Halo texture mod. This piece of garbage can stay far away from PC gaming.

All they'd have to do is make it F2P and add microtransactions to make it worth it. I will never understand why they wouldn't want this in the western world. It'd be a huge cash boon and probably kill off quite a few of the other F2P stuff with the Halo name alone.
I think their reasoning is they're worried it might undercut Xbox sales if this exists on the PC in North America, but since the Xbox doesn't have nearly the same presence in Europe and Russia as PC gaming does, they figure the gain offsets the loss more.

I think their reasoning is they're worried it might undercut Xbox sales if this exists on the PC in North America, but since the Xbox doesn't have nearly the same presence in Europe and Russia as PC gaming does, they figure the gain offsets the loss more.

This is my assumption. They don't want this in PC in NA because they want the X1 to be the only platform Halo can be played on. Halo 5 will be a huge system seller for them here. I'm sure MCC is also, albiet to a much lesser extent. The point is, in North America, Halo will sell hardware. In Russia, not nearly as much. So how do you monitize your golden goose when you can't get substancial hardware and software sales? Make it F2P, which should simultaneously make them a decent bit of coin and combat the piracy issues that exist in that region.

I'd play it anyway no localization be damned, but having to play with Russians would be hell on Earth.

This is my assumption. They don't want this in PC in NA because they want the X1 to be the only platform Halo can be played on. Halo 5 will be a huge system seller for them here. I'm sure MCC is also, albiet to a much lesser extent. The point is, in North America, Halo will sell hardware. In Russia, not nearly as much. So how do you monitize your golden goose when you can't get substancial hardware and software sales? Make it F2P, which should simultaneously make them a decent bit of coin and combat the piracy issues that exist in that region.

To make up for the losses for selling the ShitBox 1. Microsoft and Sony lose money every-time they sell a console. They make it up in licensing.

To make up for the losses for selling the ShitBox 1. Microsoft and Sony lose money every-time they sell a console. They make it up in licensing.

Actually that used to be true for previous gens but now things are different. That's part of the reason the specs suck so much on the new consoles. Both Sony and MS are making money on every single console sold. They've abandoned the loss leader strategy.

Back