FCC Sued By ISPs In First Net Neutrality Suits

HardOCP News

[H] News
It's not like we didn't know this was going to happen but this is still newsworthy because this is probably the only time any of these companies have ever worked together. ;)

The lawsuits in Washington and New Orleans begin what is expected to be a litigation onslaught from companies claiming the new rules meant to keep the Internet open give government too much power. The United States Telecom Association and Alamo Broadband Inc. asked the courts to void the rules, which forbid Internet service providers led by Comcast Corp. and AT&T Inc. from blocking or slowing Web traffic.

omg imagine that monopolistic companies who rape their customers want the rules against such actions revoked...

So what are the odds of this getting overturned through sheer force of money and lawyers? Or won't it because companies like Google are on the side of it. holding them back I find it hard to believe that anyone cares what 'we the people' think about it unless the people have billions of dollars of influence.

I guess I'm a pessimist.

Lets see.. Verizon gave what some shitty little overpriced wireless service some money to be a part of this lawsuit so when all the news articles come out their name is the front runner, and not the trade group which represents Verizon...

“We do not block or throttle traffic and FCC rules prohibiting blocking or throttling will not be the focus of our appeal,” Banks said.
Not that I believe them, but how does the quote in OP exist when a quote saying otherwise is in the article.

The company suing is a nothing broadband out of Texas represented by a Republican donated law firm from DC.

This has the stench of corruption and backing of those with larger purse strings. The Big ISP's are using this as a test case while washing their hands clean of the whole affair. IF this lil shitstain ISP wins then the rest profit, if it loses the rest of them can say "We didn't have a thing to do with it!"

The company suing is a nothing broadband out of Texas represented by a Republican donated law firm from DC.

This has the stench of corruption and backing of those with larger purse strings. The Big ISP's are using this as a test case while washing their hands clean of the whole affair. IF this lil shitstain ISP wins then the rest profit, if it loses the rest of them can say "We didn't have a thing to do with it!"
The Big ISP's probably wrote the latest NN rules. They probably suit them perfectly as a public placebo while they make other moves along with their Content buddies. Don't think they had the FCC board taken over by industry hardcore insiders to suddenly see the light. pfff..

because this is probably the only time any of these companies have ever worked together. ;)

Well, aside from sticking to regional monopolies in order to stay out of each others business :p

Isn't Net Neutrality to the ISPs' benefits as it grants them Common Carrier status?

gotta smile...

They got Section II status because Verizon sued the FCC previously...

Simple solution for the ISPs, upgrade your backbone equipment and quit selling more than your capacity will allow for.

Now Pai is calling on Congress to cut the FCC's funding so that they are unable to enforce Net Neutrality until they can pass legislation to revoke their enforcement power.

http://arstechnica.com/business/201...-neutrality-strip-fcc-of-enforcement-funding/

In other news, most of the populace are more concerned with Kanye West's baby's travel photo ops and other celeb gossip to give a shit about the wholesale corruption running rampant in our government.

So what are the odds of this getting overturned through sheer force of money and lawyers? Or won't it because companies like Google are on the side of it. holding them back I find it hard to believe that anyone cares what 'we the people' think about it unless the people have billions of dollars of influence.

I guess I'm a pessimist.

It's not pessimism if it's truth.

fcc needs to bring the hammer down these corporations need to learn a valuable lesson.

Simple solution for the ISPs, upgrade your backbone equipment and quit selling more than your capacity will allow for.

Huh... I never really thought of it in that specific way. I guess I knew it, but just always phrased it differently, and a lot more awkwardly.

Back