Comcast Tripling The Size Of Its Social Media Customer Service Team

HardOCP News

[H] News
Comcast is tripling the size of its social media customer service team? Ummm, I'm not sure anyone had a problem with the quantity of Comcast's service reps, I think the problem is with the quality of support.

According to Tom Karinshak, Comcast’s head of Customer Service, the company is both adding more people to its “social care” team and giving them more tools to help customers; presumably so they can copy/paste “Sorry to hear that. Did you try resetting the modem?” more efficiently.

Funny enough, the online chat reps seem to be the only ones who seem to have any clue what they're doing. Dealing with their phone reps is a struggle with both language barriers and knowledge barriers.
The chat reps definitely have some cut+paste B.S. but English at least seems to be their first language and they don't appear totally clueless.
As long as they're hiring people that speak English as a primary language and have some basic knowledge authority - I'm okay with it.

I guess the more reps they have the quieter it'll be for them, the quieter it is the more chance they'll receive extra training/coaching.

Comcast & the major broadcasters deserve to be run out of business with the models they have been using for far too long. I wish them and most of the major broadcasters would just lose their ass.

it won't happen, but it's a nice dream.

For as long duration some reps keep you on the phone trying to convince you to stay, I don't think theirs a need for more reps. Do better service with the time and people you have.

Whew boy, I was worried that we'd run into a shortage of assholes employed by comcast. Glad to see they are on top of that.

Great one more reason to raise their rates again. I'll be looking for the letter in the mail explaining that rates need to go up to pay for increase costs of doing business.

Their business reps have always been good to me. Always got a technically competent person on the other side of the phone who sounds like a native US english speaker.

I once talk to a man named 'Brian' who had an Indian accent. He prompted me to call back if I had any problems with the work being done the next day. He advised me to call during the time of 5:72...

Cool. Three times the number of rude people.

:D:cool:

I would like to think that e-tech support via chatbox could maybe provide a less stressful "environment" as opposed to "over-the-phone" stuff....

Naw. Comcast will be Comcast.

Their problem is entirely due to management. Their support people can mainly be nice enough. Only a few get mean and nasty, and that is usually because of stress of the job. Their "retention" people really need work, though.

The biggest problem is in the very existence of retention positions. That's a department that shouldn't even exist. Also, their support people don't actually have any power to do much of anything expect help with problems with hardware or connections. They have no power to adjust billing or services, expect to upgrade. They don't have any power to charge you less, and no power to even tell you that. They can't even mention that supervisors have this power, and if someone calls in and directly asks for a supervisor, the person answering the phone gets in trouble. That's a very stressful position to be in.

It's all wrong because executive management set up this absolutely asinine customer service setup. They really don't care about giving the customers any form of support, and they abuse their employees who are employed to do exactly that. Tripling their "social media customer service team" does nothing expect increase from two to six people who won't be able to do anything for you.

Social media support is all about disinformation and burying complaining customers. What good is online support when your connection is down and you can't get online? :D

Back