The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 4K/UHD Screenshot Released

I'm ready, got 2 Titan Xs on the way plus 2 more 4k Gsync ready monitors

Your video card just died begging you not to run this game at 4K, :D

Kind of bummed, it looks no where near as good as the VFX trailer, zoom in on the textures on the ground, the rocks are all a flat medium resolution texture, character models look great, but environments are meh from trailers and gameplay. Don't get me wrong, the game I am sure will be excellent, but it could look much better (as they have all ready proved).

Considering the game is also launching on Linux I wonder if it will have Vulkan support...

Kind of bummed, it looks no where near as good as the VFX trailer, zoom in on the textures on the ground, the rocks are all a flat medium resolution texture, character models look great, but environments are meh from trailers and gameplay. Don't get me wrong, the game I am sure will be excellent, but it could look much better (as they have all ready proved).

I believe I had read elsewhere that this screenshot only shows the game on High settings, not Ultra. I think I also read before that the devs aren't showing what the game looks like on Ultra until release.

True, but it looks like there is a lot going on in that shot also...looks pretty awesome if you consider the possibilities.

The worry is that console version and that side of the development may bastardize the whole game. We will see though. I hope that prediction is wrong.

I believe I had read elsewhere that this screenshot only shows the game on High settings, not Ultra. I think I also read before that the devs aren't showing what the game looks like on Ultra until release.

Correct on both counts. They have a marketing deal in place with Mickeysoft that includes a clause about platform parity until after launch.

Wouldn't want the little dummies on the toasters screaming bloody murder when their shitbox one doesn't look anything like Ultra 4K gameplay.

Start a gofundme so we can invest in your company and then you can produce a superior product.

Will definitely be trying this game out, not on 4K unfortunately, machine won't dare run it at 4K :(

I found some trailers that were pre-rendered... you couldn't have possibly expected those to be in-game, right?

Correct on both counts. They have a marketing deal in place with Mickeysoft that includes a clause about platform parity until after launch.

Wouldn't want the little dummies on the toasters screaming bloody murder when their shitbox one doesn't look anything like Ultra 4K gameplay.

I have The Witcher 2 but never played it. The devs get high praise for being a PC developer, but looks like that is sliding. That screen shot does indeed look very average. I wonder how it looks at Ultra.

Question about this related to their recommended system requirements. Are the "recommended" requirements to hit insane resolution/quality like this or are those just to get mediocre performance at something reasonable like 1080p (or less)?

Back