AT&T Using Title II Rules To Get Millions In Refunds

HardOCP News

[H] News
It sure didn't take long for AT&T to find a way to make Title II work in its favor. :rolleyes:

AT&T just won an FCC proceeding against two smaller companies that were illegally charging them fees they should not have been. And while the telecom giant is poised to pick up a few million in refunds, that’s not the interesting part. This is: the section of law that worked out in AT&T’s big giant favor? That’d be exact same Title II that they claim will ruin internet business for everyone.

It was always a win-win for them. I'd think without title 2 they may have stood to make even more profit...yikes.

So other companies were charging them too much and they got it back, not exactly crying "See that Obama, TOLD YA SO!!!"

Although it's easy to spin this, because AT&T gets a refund, are they going to refund their customers who rates were increased as a result of this? Yeah didn't think so.

When did Title 2 take effect? I don't think most laws work retroactively, so these must be pretty recent Fees.

Yea, I don't think it's supposed to work retroactively either. But judges....

At least, people can sue AT&T if they think they're being charged unfairly.

Yea, I know. Unlikely to happen. Just saying though. Most lawsuits are unlikely to yield money... But it can potentially lower costs for everyone. You just need someone to bite the bullet with good lawyers/lawyer skills.

Lawsuits should be used for that sort of thing anyway. To see change, money's sort of a side thing.

But heaven forbid this from stopping them from suing the FCC ANYHOW!

I read AT&T abUsing Title II Rules To Get Millions In Refunds.

Back