Facebook Engineer Named Director of White House Information Technology

HardOCP News

[H] News
It's official, we now have a former Facebook employee on staff at the White House. With people from Google, Twitter, eBay, PayPal and Skype on the payroll, all we need now is someone from MySpace. :D

Today, as part of that momentum, the President announced that one of those engineers, David Recordon, will serve as the Director of White House Information Technology, a newly created position that will be responsible for modernizing the White House’s own technology.

Maybe the Govt finally realized it's better to hire people with actual experience? Don't think this will cut back on the freeloading though.

Now if they put this much effort into getting the VA up to date technology wise maybe vets could get the care we were promised.

Claiming they aren't putting effort into the VA is misinformed and ignorant. The VA has been underserved and corrupt for decades and we're now crawling out of that hole, which no previous admin has done.

Claiming they aren't putting effort into the VA is misinformed and ignorant. The VA has been underserved and corrupt for decades and we're now crawling out of that hole, which no previous admin has done.

I've been hearing the VA is getting better for decades now, but I've yet to see anything to show that it's anything more than lip service.

That's what was so pathetic about the whole VA scandle, everyone was acting like this is something new when in fact the VA has been a clusterfuck for decades and has always been known for delaying everything possible for as long as possible.

We're now crawling out? LULZ.

Have you actually experienced the joy and wonder that is the VA system?

Hold the fuck up. How is this a good thing? Have you guys actually used Facebook before? It's stuck in 2004.

We're now crawling out? LULZ.

Have you actually experienced the joy and wonder that is the VA system?

From the comment it appears their VA experience is from working there, not from seeking treatment there, which of course would give them a whole different outlook then say a vet who needs to jump through hoops for months to get a simple appointment for a service connected disability.

Oh, now we're crawling out of that hole. Yeah, sure. You betcha. I'll believe that when I see it.

My thought exactly.

Yes, he took a pay cut...for now. You know how many closed door deals are going to be made that will make this corrupt fool millions? Our millions?

It's all favoritism, someone scratched Barry's back and now it's being scratched back. Go look at the people hired in the last 5 years and their motivations/political leanings, it's a sad state of affairs, corrupt and scandalous. And yes, both sides do it. Zuckerburg is one of his lapdog's, don't hire in the states nooooo, we need more visa's! Even though there are millions of IT prof's looking for work, we need a bigger workforce! So I can make more moneyz and buy houses in malibu I can sue people for talking about! 20 more months...=(

Did he design the GUI? not likley....all the back end of FB and the tech they use is cutting edge.

What the heck is up with the forums.

Maybe the Govt finally realized it's better to hire people with actual experience? Don't think this will cut back on the freeloading though.

They just needed someone with experience so they could help cover up all the scandals.
There's too many leaks in the current IT systems.

Back