Amazon Expands One-Hour Delivery Service To Baltimore, Miami

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently Amazon's Prime Now service is doing well enough that the company is expanding it to two new cities.

Shoppers can get paper towels, shampoo, books, toys, batteries and other everyday items through the app starting Thursday in certain zip codes within Baltimore and Miami, reports the Associated Press, with the company hoping to roll the service out to other zip codes in each city eventually.

That's nice and all but I won't be buy much if anything from amazon now since they started collecting tax in Maryland.

And how much of a premium will they be charging to "have it now?"

There's already a significant upcharge upgrading Prime to 1-day shipping. At what I the expect the 1-hour delivery charge premium to be, I could just get it locally by driving 5-10 minutes to either Target/Walmart/Giant/Shoppers/Wallgrees/Rite Aid/Best Buy/Office Max/Lowes/Home Depot/Michaels

Signed,

A Baltimore resident who is not too impatient to wait 2 days for most things to get here.

And how much of a premium will they be charging to "have it now?"

There's already a significant upcharge upgrading Prime to 1-day shipping. At what I the expect the 1-hour delivery charge premium to be, I could just get it locally by driving 5-10 minutes to either Target/Walmart/Giant/Shoppers/Wallgrees/Rite Aid/Best Buy/Office Max/Lowes/Home Depot/Michaels

Signed,

A Baltimore resident who is not too impatient to wait 2 days for most things to get here.

Reading the article would tell you its free 2 hour delivery... but who reads.

This thing is supported by like two zip codes in Miami and most of it is northern downtown. Limited is an understatement.

Reading the article would tell you its free 2 hour delivery... but who reads.

Okay, guilty as charged :D

But I seriously doubt they will give it to you for "free." There are tons of items I shop for daily that aren't available with Prime. And thanks to the marketplace system, those that are available with Prime will often be available from a different vendor at a lower price (even with shipping costs accounted for).

Sometimes you'll find a deal with Prime, but often not. I expect a similar markup on items like these that qualify for 2-hour shipping.

Back