Sold a phone a month ago, buyer now wants a refund? Uhhhhh..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A15G

Supreme [H]ardness
I recently sold my wifes OPO not to long ago (exactly one month today, the 15th.) and the phone was sold in excellent WORKING condition.

Buyers first message was if the phone had a yellow tint, I said no. That was Feb. 15th. I told him/her no and that the phone doesn't have any of the issues that others claim the phone to have. My wife used it without issues and I also had one that I used without issues.

He paid me later that day and I shipped it the 17th or the 18th, can't remember exactly.

This PM was from him directly after I sent him the tracking #.

----- said:
Awesome got it. I'll let you know once I get it!

He doesn't reply back to my messages with my original messages quoted so I can't tell when I sent my message to him but I remember asking him if he received the phone and did all check out. I messaged him that AFTER the phone was already showing delivered for 4-5 days, at least. I usually just reply to anyone I deal with WITH there original message quoted so I can have a log, sort of. It's easier to track the conversation.

Feb 27th, from buyer.

----- said:
So sorry I got ur phone 4-5 days already and check it out but didn't actually used it. I will be using it on the weekend. Crazy Crazy work hours this week. I'll pm you later during the weekend to tell you everything okay!

Thank you :)

^ Regardless after that message, he didn't let me know everything was okay nor if the phone had flaws after that weekend. I have proof of our conversation logs and am not pulling sh*t out of my ass.

I shipped the phone on the 17th or 18th and remember the phone was scheduled delivery for that friday or saturday. Is it my fault he took... 10 days to let me know he received the phone and then all together a whole month to say the phone has flaws? I don't see how I am at fault here. I did my part. He failed to check the working phone I sent him and put it off for a month. I've been a long time [H] member and DO NOT deny refunds if they are within a reasonable amount of time, let's say a week at the very most.. A month? Nooooooo. Not in my book. It's a used item, I never told him either that I will offer him a refund after a month of usage.

What does the [H] community have to say about this? Did he simply use it and did not like it and now want a refund a month later?

Last edited:
Why is the buyer requesting a refund? If it was delivered late last month, that's a little long for him to be requesting a refund for defective items. Whenever I buy online, the first thing I do with the item is test if when I open to make sure everything is good.

Alot of things could happen in 2-3 weeks. Might be buyer's remorse?

Due to my work schedule, I often cannot really look at an item until a month + later, so I understand if the guy really hadn't tried it out until recently.

What I don't understand is the buyer thinking it's okay to ask for a refund whenever he tries out the product, regardless of how long has passed since he actually received the item. One month and he still thinks he's entitled to a refund, WTF? The guy is out of his mind! If he received the item and didn't try it out, that's his own fault not yours. The common grace period for defects is usually a few days, with some sellers offering a week at most. With this kind of assbackwards thinking, I'd be worried about a chargeback or Paypal dispute if I were you :-/

what issues is he having? I think that is important part we are missing. If the phone straight up died in less than 1 month that's quite a bit different then "I don't like how it looks".

Why is the buyer requesting a refund? If it was delivered late last month, that's a little long for him to be requesting a refund for defective items. Whenever I buy online, the first thing I do with the item is test if when I open to make sure everything is good.

Alot of things could happen in 2-3 weeks. Might be buyer's remorse?

I agree.

If you buy something, be ready to use it at least on day or arrival or 1-2 days afterwards. Not a week, or two. You can tell me you didn't use it for two weeks due to being busy but i'd take that with a grain of salt.. I don't know what you've done to it after you've opened the package.

what issues is he having? I think that is important part we are missing. If the phone straight up died in less than 1 month that's quite a bit different then "I don't like how it looks".

----- said:
Hello A15G,

I wanted to say sorry but this phone has been nothing but trouble for me in general. I'm not the type of person that likes to return things before I really test it out because I'm a seller as well and don't like things coming back to me unless the client isn't happy with the item at all.

I'm going to explain on the things why I can't use or have this phone any more.

First, the speaker. When the speaker volume is on semi-high it sometimes has some type of rattle/static coming from it. It gets completely annoying when you speak to someone longer than 20 minutes on it. <--- Wife never used speaker phone so I cannot comment on this one. IMO, speaker phones don't provide crystal clear sound either.

Second, is the mic. When I talk to my clients I sometimes have to have the phone at a weird position because I either need to type or write things down. So when I have the phone at a angle from my mouth no one can't either hear me or it's extremely low and people have a hard time understanding what I'm saying. It gets extremely annoying and that's a huge minus for me. <--- "extremely annoying" "huge minus for me". What does that have to do with me?

Third, the reception/connection. I bought this phone because my Samsung S3 didn't receive the best reception that I needed. This phone is actually much worst. I could barely get a stable 3G connection with this phone and most of the time it drops to H+ network and I get crazy static or drop calls most of the time. It may be just my area but this phone gets poor reception in my location compare to my S3. <--- We don't live in the same area's, all phones perform differently since not all phones are the same. You put an iPhone by a Galaxy, one may show more bars of connection that the other, one may not drop calls, one may. Again, I don't see how I am at fault.

So these are my problems and I'm sorry if the phone didn't work out for me. I really did fully test it out before contacting you but I couldn't even enjoy the time I had with the phone. I tested it out the best I can and even test it against my S3. For the trouble, I will leave a positive feedback and will also paid for the return shipping on the phone. I will be returning everything as you sent it to me with all the accessories included.

Thank you for understanding and please get back to me because I like to get the correct mailing address to ship the phone back.

Thank you.

Here you go.

These are the "flaws".

The phone didn't randomly go kapoot...

Due to my work schedule, I often cannot really look at an item until a month + later, so I understand if the guy really hadn't tried it out until recently.

What I don't understand is the buyer thinking it's okay to ask for a refund whenever he tries out the product, regardless of how long has passed since he actually received the item. One month and he still thinks he's entitled to a refund, WTF? The guy is out of his mind! If he received the item and didn't try it out, that's his own fault not yours. The common grace period for defects is usually a few days, with some sellers offering a week at most. With this kind of assbackwards thinking, I'd be worried about a chargeback or Paypal dispute if I were you :-/

You should let the seller know you WON'T be able to look at the item of purchase due to work schedule before the seller ships you the item, it arrives for a few days and doesn't hear from the buyer...

If he told me that, I would have simply told him he can pay for the phone when he's ready to use it and have time to use it.

What does the [H] community have to say about this? Did he simply use it and did not like it and now want a refund a month later?

Pretty much this, I would deny refund.

Took too long, and it was a working phone, since you stated here:

I recently sold my wifes OPO not to long ago (exactly one month today, the 15th.) and the phone was sold in excellent WORKING condition.

If he is a member, it's best for him to chime in here and get things straighten out. If he did falsely accused of being sent a broken phone then its time to tell the truth.

I had a few people like that on amazon a few months ago, I just said refund date was 15 days and that was it. Now I state no refunds due to scammers, product will be 100% in working condition with pictures to prove.

Sellers have to go the extra length to protect both parties, mainly themselves.

I wish you luck!

edit**

Just saw your post, tell him sorry. no refund for test driving for 1 month then finding put that he didn't like it.

Tell him its best to offload it on ebay or sell it. It's out of your hands now.

Last edited:
Pretty much this, I would deny refund.

Took too long, and it was a working phone, since you stated here:

If he is a member, it's best for him to chime in here and get things straighten out. If he did falsely accused of being sent a broken phone then its time to tell the truth.

I had a few people like that on amazon a few months ago, I just said refund date was 15 days and that was it. Now I state no refunds due to scammers, product will be 100% in working condition with pictures to prove.

Sellers have to go the extra length to protect both parties, mainly themselves.

I wish you luck!

edit**

Just saw your post, tell him sorry. no refund for test driving for 1 month then finding put that he didn't like it.

Tell him its best to offload it on ebay or sell it. It's out of your hands now.

Thank you and I agree.

I don't try to come off as a dick but one month is simply too long. I've issued a few refunds in the past and they were all smooth simply because the buyer notified me within 2-3 days after using the item. I completely understand that...

I've replied to the buyer and linked him to this thread to put his input so the community can hear both sides of the story. I didn't open this thread to publicly argue but to straighten things out in GOOD TERMS so I hope he has the same intentions.

Seems the buyer isn't willing to work with me so I ended up with agreeing with the refund.

HE pays for return shipping. I refund original amount - the shipping i paid and the screen protector he used. (he hasn't confirmed he is willing to take this yet, also threatened me with a dispute).

squad said:
You know you could of just talked to me without making a post on the forums like a person. The forum is not your customer, I'm your customer. The phone did have problems with it, I didn't make non of this up. The phone top part speaker where you hear from had the static/rattle when someone talks semi high not on actually speaker phone. When your the selling you have the examine the phone yourself and can't leave it up to your wife. You are the one writing the description/ad so you're responsible for its accuracy.

But since you going to go that way, the phone was NOT in mint condition. The phone has some little tiny scratches on the body frame of the phone and you listed it as MINT condition. The case was also pretty bang up as well on the back, definite the blue color one. When I list items as MINT it means everything is MINT. The screen protector also had scratches all over the protector as well and had to change it because it was hard to look at the phone during the day.

The screen also has some bad backlight bleeding at the bottom and I tested it out on a black wallpaper and still have bleeding at the bottom coming out of it.

I didn't list these because the phone I really wanted was to have a good reception but it couldn't even do that. This was a miss printed ad. I take of my stuff 100 percent truly mint condition and I only took this phone out once and never again because of the flaws it had. Box it up right away and using beat up phone that has less problems then this phone.

If you can't honor your ad/phone, I have to do a paypal dispute.

I would advise each and everyone of you to not deal with this member, I knew this deal was sour from the beginning and regret going with it. Guy is now nit picking about micro scratches and simply thought the phone was perfect, literally.

If you buy stuff without first researching it to make sure it will meet your needs, then you have only yourself to blame when you receive an item you don't like and probablly never will, regardless of the circumstances or price...

Does getting a DOA item happen, yes...but that's another story althogether.

And everyone is busy nowadays, but to say you have to leave something sit for a month after you receive it because you are SOOOOOO busy is to me just utterly rediculous......you had plenty of time to sit down at your computer, find the item, place the order, pay for it & communicate with the seller, so what's up with dat ?

IMHO, This absolutely REEKS of a 3-4 week test drive scenario.....the same kind that will be popping up all over fleebay soon due to their new 180 refund policy :(

Yeah the guy is something else.

This was before he sent payment. I guess for some reason he thought I was obligated to answer his questions. I was called rude when I didn't give him an answer I didn't know.

squad said:
BTW before I buy it but I think I will. I heard they are making the one plus one 2 phone soon. You think its coming out soon and be 300 again? Sorry to bother you.

squad said:
Ok that's fine, please ship it out as soon as you can. Also I'm not trying to be rude but I'm not having good communications with you. I asked 2 questions already and never got answer from none of them... I find that little rude.

I didn't answer if the OPO 2 is coming out soon or if it'll be $300. That = rude. :confused:

Yeah the guy is something else.

This was before he sent payment. I guess for some reason he thought I was obligated to answer his questions. I was called rude when I didn't give him an answer I didn't know.

I didn't answer if the OPO 2 is coming out soon or if it'll be $300. That = rude. :confused:

Clearly you are the manufacturer of the phone, and clearly you should know these things and inform him before the general media. Duh.

OP, you just got played if you refund this idiot. The guy's instantly on my DNT list, and I don't even have a list (just an ignore list, which I will add him to right now thanks :p)

OP, you just got played if you refund this idiot. The guy's instantly on my DNT list, and I don't even have a list (just an ignore list, which I will add him to right now thanks :p)

If you can't honor your ad/phone, I have to do a paypal dispute.

The hell was I supposed to do? You think paypal would side with me? Pffft, those idiots will believe anything the buyer put on the dispute.

The guy is a total jerk. He says i'm rude, this and that but he clearly doesn't see how he's poorly handling this situation, this problem of his.

So. One thing I caught from reading his excerpts and such. He said he couldn't get to the phone for almost a month because of his work schedule, yet his next bit talks about poor client interactions with said phone and that is why he wants a refund?

He claimed his previous phone was in poor shape, so wouldn't you want to switch to a perceived better device as soon as possible to alleviate those interactions?....

That doesn't sound legit to me at all and just sounds like buyers remorse. Like he bought it from you, then found it a little cheaper somewhere else.

So. One thing I caught from reading his excerpts and such. He said he couldn't get to the phone for almost a month because of his work schedule, yet his next bit talks about poor client interactions with said phone and that is why he wants a refund?

He claimed his previous phone was in poor shape, so wouldn't you want to switch to a perceived better device as soon as possible to alleviate those interactions?....

That doesn't sound legit to me at all and just sounds like buyers remorse. Like he bought it from you, then found it a little cheaper somewhere else.

I read it multiple times and saw what you're talking about to.

He's not picking up his mistakes and leaving a trail of evidence behind that the phone was definitely in use for the month that it was with him.

squad said:
Ok, first off I don't like your rudeness,attitude and your threat. "because I did and would hate it to not arrive to me in the condition I sent it to you." When you said that I feel like you going to damage the phone on purpose or have type of evil plan. And what's with the attitude? I came to you with respect. Just you know I'm recording and taking multiple pictures just in case if their any funny business.

I was kind enough to offer to paid for the open screen protector and I shouldn't have to since the screen protector was poorly damage that was on the phone but I'm doing the kindness of my heart for my fellow hardforum member but I will take the 25 dollar lost for your time lost. I just wanted to know I've really kind and you been really rude and disrespectful.

Since I'm a kind person I will not leave any reviews but I know how hard it is build up some reviews but if I get negative I will fight for that.

I will ship out on Monday or Tuesday ultimate max and I will put insurance just in case.

Have a good day.

I really don't care for his thoughts of me, or if I am being rude.

Comments about how i'm being rude on this thread here but why won't he speak up HERE if he has something to say. Clearly, I again am not the one at fault

I wanted to say sorry but this phone has been nothing but trouble for me in general.

Box it up right away and using beat up phone that has less problems then this phone.

Clearly, he didn't box it up right away.

All those issues are not issues with the device. I had the One Plus One, and experienced both 1 and 3. For issue 1, that happens with many speaker phones on phones. For issue 3, the One Plus One didnt have as good reception as other phones I used in my area.

As for issue 2, "Having the phone in a weird position causes low microphone volume", any chance that he is covering up the microphone in that weird position?

Sucks that you have to refund him, especially after a month. He probably just had buyer's remorse.

Squad has been added to my DNT list. Thanks OP

All those issues are not issues with the device. I had the One Plus One, and experienced both 1 and 3. For issue 1, that happens with many speaker phones on phones. For issue 3, the One Plus One didnt have as good reception as other phones I used in my area.

As for issue 2, "Having the phone in a weird position causes low microphone volume", any chance that he is covering up the microphone in that weird position?

Sucks that you have to refund him, especially after a month. He probably just had buyer's remorse.

Squad has been added to my DNT list. Thanks OP

No problem. Glad I can make the community aware of buyers such as this one.

Well I guess that's that, another renter won.

I saw a comment he made on another thread which I thought was funny.

Damn this sucks....I hate when people sell crap and either take forever to ship it out or whatever the hell OP is doing. I have the same situation too right now with eBay. I bought an Note 3 like 2 weeks ago and nothing..

And apparently he has had problems with other sellers, here is one:

Same EXACT shit. Crying over something that the seller has no control over. People like him are TOXIC. People chimed in and also agreed with the seller.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1824890&highlight=

The seller stated

Given that there was nothing wrong with the device, I'm not sure why the original shipping cost should come out of my pocket. Secondly, now that the device has no longer been fully in my possession, I cannot accurately describe to future buyers what this device has gone through. As a buyer, I would value this less, hence my rationale would be that the fee would help cover this devaluation.

Sellers just a heads up, please state in your for sale threads or something similar in your own words.

AS IS - NO REFUNDS - ONCE RECEIVED BY BUYER, YOU'RE NOW THE OWNER - IF DAMAGED BY CARRIER SHIPPING INSURANCE CLAIM WILL BE DONE.

I do this for big ticket items with a signature, when they sign it, it's theirs. All my transactions from this forum has been 100% positive. We are not Amazon/E-bay/ or some Retail store. If they want to cry about it then don't buy here and go on Amazon.

It has done wonders for me. I never got a problem after that.

Good luck to all sellers and be safe, the stress and man hours involved will not be worth it!

The biggest purchase I ever did on here was probably the SR-2 + CPU's. I made the buyer take pictures and make videos, we also exchanged personal numbers. It was a pleasant and positive experience.

Okay I'm done ranting. :D

I'm no longer going to offer returns and all sales will be AS-IS from now on from me.

If the item is sold working, then it was sold working. I'll make videos showing the item and it's serial number, working so buyer can match it all up and that it was working.

By your post and his last problem you linked, i'm no longer questioning myself as to why he is returning it. It just better be in the condition I sent it in.

Hello all,

Well first off I wanted to start that at the beginning of this transaction I had the runs around with him. I guess I'm old school but if I have a problem with someone I will be talking to them directly and deal with the situations and not involve other people. I asked him "Does this phone have the yellow tint problem? and how the condition of it? Like no scratches on screen or body or dents?" then he responded later "The yellow tint was mainly with the first release batch. Ones you buy and receive now DO NOT have that issue. The phone is mint. So I took his word for it and order the phone from him.

Yes, I made a mistake on taking so long to respond to him but I wanted to FULLY test it out before shipping it back to him and deal with all of this hassle. But he also didn't post down the other PM I sent to him that had other problems. The phone was NOT in mint condition.

The phone top part speaker where you hear from had the static/rattle when someone talks semi high not on actually speaker phone. The phone has some little tiny scratches here and there on the body frame of the phone and he listed it as MINT condition. The case was also pretty bang up as well on the back, definite the blue color one. When I list items as MINT it means everything is MINT and I would list the problems that comes with the phone or accessories. The screen also has some bad backlight bleeding at the bottom and I tested it out on a black wallpaper and still have bleeding at the bottom coming out of it. But the worst is the reception... my S3 phone had better reception and a old flip phone has a better reception. So what is the point of keeping this phone if I'm having all of these problems and can't use it has a phone?

Everyone will get a bad taste in their mouth when dealing with selling things online but I don't respect people. Recently someone bought a something from me on ebay and he complain about it 5 MONTHS later and I couldn't do anything because of paypal but I just man up and gave him back his money and I didn't get anything like I will paid for your shipping squad and my return and other extra things.. I literary did lost money of this item. If the phone that he clamis is good then he should have NO problems at all re selling it and he lost no money from this since I paid for both returns and his screen protectors and I didn't damage the phone AT ALL and will be taking pictures and videos of it.

He didn't list non of these problems in the ad or pm's that me and him were having at all. Also when your the selling a item you have the examine the phone yourself carefully and can't leave it up to your wife... she might not know something but you might of picked up on these things. I know I'm in the shadow because of the lateness but I really did tried the phone and it wasn't working in many ways.

So I offer him that I will paid for the screen protectors because I open it. The one that the phone had was pretty scratches up to the sense that I couldn't see anything when light was hitting on the screen. He agreed and also wanted me to paid for his shipping and the return shipped. SO I agree I would paid for his shipping, my return shipping and the screen protector. But during this time he was being extremely rude to me. In his recent he quoted he didn't want my definition of mint and said Just stop talking and send me tracking # when you get it... when I was trying to do was resolve this situation. But in the end, we agreed that I will get back only 275 out of the 300 I paid for. That includes me paying for his shipping, my return shipping and screen protector. I mean I think that's kind of fair a little bit right? I learn my lesson and will be buying stuff like this on ebay.

If some people were truly honest with their ad's/pm's stuff like this wouldn't happen. I recently bought a 690 GTX from someone over here and he put everything in the ad correctly and I spend 380 dollars and had NO problems at all with that person. I don't start trouble unless I'm not getting what I paid for.

And sorry for my poor English.

Last edited:
I wouldn't of given the refund as he should have researched the phone. This isn't a place to tryout items. Most of us are hard working individuals that use this forum to resell items for money to purchase other items.

We are not Walmart!

I wouldn't of given the refund as he should have researched the phone. This isn't a place to tryout items. Most of us are hard working individuals that use this forum to resell items for money to purchase other items.

We are not Walmart!

I think you mean he didn't research the item and just sold it without examine it at all without adding these things in the ad. I know I sold a lot of things here and lost a lot of money here and on sites like ebay.

The seller cannot guarantee that the reception will be good where you are. That's on you as a buyer. I've had this phone before and it was he biggest piece of shit I've ever owned. Had you done research, you may not have made the purchase.

You're a bad buyer and I will add you to my dnt list for sure.

Although, I'll admit that a15g is not the friendliest seller (have not bought from but have contacted regarding deals before), this in no way means you can treat him like walmart.

The seller cannot guarantee that the reception will be good where you are. That's on you as a buyer. I've had this phone before and it was he biggest piece of shit I've ever owned. Had you done research, you may not have made the purchase.

Although, I'll admit that a15g is not the friendliest seller (have not bought from but have contacted regarding deals before), this in no way means you can treat him like walmart.

That's fine but what about all the other things I've listed? I could show you my ebay and heatware and overclock and I get all positive feedback. You think I'm doing this for fun? This is a pain in the ass.

I think you mean he didn't research the item and just sold it without examine it at all without adding these things in the ad. I know I sold a lot of things here and lost a lot of money here and on sites like ebay.

None of the issues you listed are issues per say. If you did your research, you'd see that the one plus one doesn't have great reception.

Also, if you had such a problem with the tiny scratches here or there, why even try using the phone instead of returning it right then and there when you first opened it?

And now you're looking to buy a note 3? This is a clear case of buyers remorse and wanting something else.

None of the issues you listed are issues per say. If you did your research, you'd see that the one plus one doesn't have great reception.

Also, if you had such a problem with the tiny scratches here or there, why even try using the phone instead of returning it right then and there when you first opened it?

And now you're looking to buy a note 3? This is a clear case of buyers remorse and wanting something else.

No because I'm buying a note 3 because it's almost the same size as the oneplus one almost alike and if you look at my past history I've been looking for this phone for awhile and not just recently. I had no luck in finding a good condition or a tmobile version of the phone and his ad pop up when I was really looking for a phone and went with it. I bought this phone because I thought it was a mint condition phone and working correctly and not returning it because of buyers remorse. It just had many problems with it. I would of dealt with some of the things but the last draw was the speaker not even working correctly and microphone of the phone sucked... I could see why he switch to a note 4, don't know if the phone defect and they didn't want to deal with it or the phone in general sucked.

The reception issues that not really his fault its just might be my location but just letting him know its bad for me and i don't blame to serious this problem but I do blame him for is defective speaker that do rattles. I have other phones in the the past like the G2 and the S5/S3 and none of them rattles like the one plus one does. So if he describe as mint but it was not mint, it has tiny scratches on it and the screen protector look terrible and so were one of the cases. But I was willing to over look that but I couldn't overlook that in fact this couldn't work as a phone and the speaker was terrible worst part was the microphone was terrible.. people couldn't hear me clearly or at all. I'm a responsible guy, if it was just scratches that's one thing but the fact it being defected and not use it as a phone is a huge minus in my book. Defeats the whole purpose as a phone where I couldn't even talk clearly. Technically I could got a full refund from paypal if it had to come to that but I was trying my best to work with this seller but he has been nothing rude to me and even offer pay not just my shipping but his shipping along with the screen protector for his troubles.

Last edited:
I'm no longer going to offer returns and all sales will be AS-IS from now on from me.

If the item is sold working, then it was sold working. I'll make videos showing the item and it's serial number, working so buyer can match it all up and that it was working.

By your post and his last problem you linked, i'm no longer questioning myself as to why he is returning it. It just better be in the condition I sent it in.

:D glad you're stepping up! sometimes you get bad apples, best to learn from this experience and move on. Also carefully inspect you're products too!!

Definitely buyers remorse. Little to no research prior to purchase. Horrible broken English to boot.

Definitely buyers remorse. Little to no research prior to purchase. Horrible broken English to boot.

Agree. Buyer is on my ignore list now. Thanks for the heads up OP and sorry this crap happened to you.

I guess it's no part of arguing in here even tho it's both our faults and not mine 100 percent. I guess people didn't took the time of actually reading on what I had to post in here.. So I'm not even going to bother coming in here and defending myself since it's a lost cause for some reason.

Next time I will buy stuff like this aka phones or higher expensive things on ebay or swappa for better support with actual proof of a working product. So blacklist me or ignore me for someone who is not happy with a defected item.

Last edited:
Buyer didnt do anything wrong imo. Now on my DNT list. Your fault for not doing research. Next time buy a phone retail if you want a return period.

My wife and I both have LG G3's in my apt, and she constantly has better reception, Speaker phone on my OPO blew monkey chunks... worse than my G3 and S3. The mic is a little mic I deal with the same issue with my phone...

Buyer didnt do anything wrong imo. Now on my DNT list. Your fault for not doing research. Next time buy a phone retail if you want a return period.

Didn't do anything wrong?? but didn't mention none of the problems that is occurring with the phone and he didn't tested it out before posting up on this forum? lol okay wow.

Why is there even a discussion on this. Yeah, you should refund---if you sold it at eBay, Amazon, or some other site that enforces return periods. Otherwise, the buyer can go fuck himself. My policy is no returns under any circumstances because I only sell working items that are in like-new condition.

Why is there even a discussion on this. Yeah, you should refund---if you sold it at eBay, Amazon, or some other site that enforces return periods. Otherwise, the buyer can go fuck himself. My policy is no returns under any circumstances because I only sell working items that are in like-new condition.

Exactly if your items is like-new condition, we wouldn't even be having this conversation at all. I bought way more expensive things and 99.9 of the time it went nicely. But this phone had a lot of other problems with it and not just with the reception. What about the MINT new body that it suppose to have but had little tiny scratches on some areas of the phone and scratch up case. I would mark that as GREAT condition. Awhile ago, I sold a nexus 7 tablet and I took pictures unlike the seller and post every problem it had and the buyer accepted it and understand what he was getting.

Honest question tho, is there a return period on this forum? I thought paypal gives you 180 days for buyers. It use to be originally be 45 days and I didn't even hit that but please give me tips. I had people returning things back to me on ebay 3-5 months later and just gave them a refund but they had to pay for the return shipping but I'm doing better for him and paying for return shipping, his shipping and the screen protector that i've open and use one of them on the phone.

Last edited:
Didn't do anything wrong?? but didn't mention none of the problems that is occurring with the phone and he didn't tested it out before posting up on this forum? lol okay wow.

What was there to list? I'm sorry I didn't examine the phone with a microscope for any micro scratches before sending it to you. Call me rude, but if anything i'm pretty mad at the fact that you pulled the test drive card.

The phone worked perfectly fine for me. Was I supposed to lie and say the phone was bad? What is your reasoning man? Like what the hell are you trying to prove to me or to anyone? We clearly get that you are a nit picky person. Buying a used phone (an electronic device) and wanted it to be the absolute perfect phone anyone could have. You simply bought the phone, didn't like it so found every little thing you can to try and make it seem like the phone was defective. There is no doubt about it.

I'm glad you tried to tell your side of the story, but you don't have much of one.. You simply test drove the phone for a phone and decided you didn't like it. Not once in my life did I buy something and used it for a month to finally realize I didn't like it. New or used items. I am glad I got my message out to the community and make traders aware of people like you.

I used to work at an Audi Dealership. For some reason, when the owner hits a pot hole and blows a tire they think it's the dealerships fault and that they need to cover the cost of a new tire because the car is still under "warranty". You bought the phone, and blamed me for static noise and bad reception. Good job..

I can't remember the last time we've talked but for whatever reason it was, I am sure there was more reasoning behind it. I don't find myself going at anyone sideways unless they've done so to me. Regardless, that's not the matter here.

Exactly if your items is like-new condition, we wouldn't even be having this conversation at all. I bought way more expensive things and 99.9 of the time it went nicely. But this phone had a lot of other problems with it and not just with the reception. What about the MINT new body that it suppose to have but had little tiny scratches on some areas of the phone and scratch up case. I would mark that as GREAT condition. Awhile ago, I sold a nexus 7 tablet and I took pictures unlike the seller and post every problem it had and the buyer accepted it and understand what he was getting.

Honest question tho, is there a return period on this forum? I thought paypal gives you 180 days for buyers. It use to be originally be 45 days and I didn't even hit that but please give me tips. I had people returning things back to me on ebay 3-5 months later and just gave them a refund but they had to pay for the return shipping but I'm doing better for him and paying for return shipping, his shipping and the screen protector that i've open and use one of them on the phone.

[H] is not affiliated with paypal AFAIK. We don't enforce there return policies here. It's the buyer/seller who must work out such a deal like this one. I put this thread up to get feedback and even with all the feedback leaning towards me you still think you're in the right for some reason.

In my honest opinion, if I tried to pull a skit like you and the seller made a thread like this about me and I clearly saw that the community sided with him. I, a human being would simply let it go and accept what I did wrong and never try to buy a used phone to "try out".

What was there to list? I'm sorry I didn't examine the phone with a microscope for any micro scratches before sending it to you. Call me rude, but if anything i'm pretty mad at the fact that you pulled the test drive card.

The phone worked perfectly fine for me. Was I supposed to lie and say the phone was bad? What is your reasoning man? Like what the hell are you trying to prove to me or to anyone? We clearly get that you are a nit picky person. Buying a used phone (an electronic device) and wanted it to be the absolute perfect phone anyone could have. You simply bought the phone, didn't like it so found every little thing you can to try and make it seem like the phone was defective. There is no doubt about it.

I'm glad you tried to tell your side of the story, but you don't have much of one.. You simply test drove the phone for a phone and decided you didn't like it. Not once in my life did I buy something and used it for a month to finally realize I didn't like it. New or used items. I am glad I got my message out to the community and make traders aware of people like you.

I used to work at an Audi Dealership. For some reason, when the owner hits a pot hole and blows a tire they think it's the dealerships fault and that they need to cover the cost of a new tire because the car is still under "warranty". You bought the phone, and blamed me for static noise and bad reception. Good job..

Well, it's no way possible I could come up with all of this without it actually happen. I don't think I'm that good of a liar. First, it was your wife phone.. did you even actually tried the phone out yourself to see if it had any of these problems? You could probably spotted these defects on the phone better than she had. Also, what about the microphone of the phone or static coming from the hearing part of the phone.. you never experience that when you tried this phone before putting it up on the forum? And the scratches may be tiny but still noticeable. Sorry if you think I'm being picky.

Yeah it is sad that the story is so one sided against me, where I mess up on the lateness of returning back. But again, I didn't said I'm a angel to this whole story I mess up with the lateness responds but also don't think you're a angel too.

[H] is not affiliated with paypal AFAIK. We don't enforce there return policies here. It's the buyer/seller who must work out such a deal like this one. I put this thread up to get feedback and even with all the feedback leaning towards me you still think you're in the right for some reason.

In my honest opinion, if I tried to pull a skit like you and the seller made a thread like this about me and I clearly saw that the community sided with him. I, a human being would simply let it go and accept what I did wrong and never try to buy a used phone to "try out".

First, I wouldn't had posted on the forums and tell everyone about our personally issues without first talking to you. I guess I'm in the old generation when it comes to that. Also I didn't buy this phone to "try out" like you claim. I wanted to buy a phone to keep it and act phone unfortunate this phone didn't work correctly. So you're basically saying that you didn't fulfilled your role of making a correct ad I have to suck it up and keep a 300 dollar phone that can't even be use properly and ad/pm's not being 100 truthful regarding on the condition of the phone? First you saw that kind of person I was of keep asking about the yellow tints and the condition of the phone on the pm's. If you claim that I'm a nit picking person you should of skipped me or something. But besides that, no I don't want to keep a phone that doesn't do it's job of being a phone and if we were talking about a 100 dollar item or below then maybe and I would of put a phone on ebay and actually write down all of it's problems. Why don't you want this phone back anyways, it's in the same condition as you sent me. I'm paying for your shipping, my returning shipping and the use of the item. If the phone is truly good, you have no problems selling it on swappa or back on here again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back