Bing Will Predict the Entire NCAA Tournament Bracket

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Okay all of you March Madness hedge betters, get out your bracket cards and wait for Microsoft’s Bing to help you fill in the blanks. Bing will be spilling the beans on an entire bracket for you this year as soon as the NCAA selection committee does its thing this Sunday.

After the NCAA selection committee announces its picks this Sunday, Microsoft will begin issuing its predictions for the tournament. And yes, it will be filling out an entire bracket before the tournament begins, a Microsoft spokeswoman confirmed Wednesday night.

Doubt it. It can't even predict what I'm searching for... Even when I tell it exactly what I'm searching for.

If they wanted to do something actually impressive, they would predict the bracket in private, encrypt it, distribute it publicly, and then after the game was played in real life, they would distribute the encryption keys so that we could determine how close the prediction was.

Distributing their predictions before the game influences the game itself and invalidates the results of their little experiment / publicity stunt...

Doubt it. It can't even predict what I'm searching for... Even when I tell it exactly what I'm searching for.
It's about as good as google searching from a public venue on a laptop that hasn't used google before. Funny thing about search engines they get better for you the more you use them because they use your previous data to find what you like.

If they wanted to do something actually impressive, they would predict the bracket in private, encrypt it, distribute it publicly, and then after the game was played in real life, they would distribute the encryption keys so that we could determine how close the prediction was.

Distributing their predictions before the game influences the game itself and invalidates the results of their little experiment / publicity stunt...

So you're saying that somewhere in a locker room a player would be making a speech saying "guys, we're the clear Bing underdogs" or "this will be a cakewalk, Bing said we'd win by 30" and using that for motivation? Thus it would effect the outcome of the competition?

Having played competitive college sports, there's far better motivation techniques than a computer predicting an outcome.

If brackets influence them at all, they're more likely to be influenced by the presidents bracket. As it's more personal that way.

Different unlock keys lead to different results? Depending on the algorithm

Back