Senate Panel Approves Controversial Cybersecurity Bill

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Senate Intelligence Committee has approved the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act. The cybersecurity bill is now one step closer to becoming law.

Approved by a 14-1 vote, the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) aims -- by providing expanded legal liability protections to companies sharing data -- to encourage US companies to share information about security breaches with each other and government agencies. Supporters argue that the legislation is necessary to reduce the impact of an uptick in the theft of customers' personal information.

From what I've read, it protects Companies from getting sued for turning over private and personal information to the government "for reasons".

Bend over just a little further and maybe it won't hurt as bad?

No link in the article to the actual Bill, I'm looking for it. Sure can't trust what the reporters write when they won't link to the actual bill.

Best I can tell, this is the summary of the actual Bill, H.R.234 — 114th Congress (2015-2016).

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/234

Here is a link to the actual text of the bill, I hope, in it's current form. Of course that's relative as the bill has been refereed to two committees and it's pretty sure the language will change as the bill continues through the committee process of the House.

Every time I hear about "Senate Intelligence Committee" I imagine a bunch of old fucks who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground about any of the intelligence they're making rules about, whether it's the internet, or spies, or drones, or etc..

Back