GIGABYTE Launches New X99 Champion Series Motherboards

HardOCP News

[H] News
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards is proud to announce today the addition of 4 new high performance motherboards to their comprehensive Intel® X99 chipsets offering with the X99 Champion series. The new motherboards consist of the X99-Gaming 5P, X99-UD4P, X99-UD3P and the already famous X99-SOC Champion.

DDR4 memory modules are available at a stock frequency of 2133MHz, but memory vendors encode XMP profiles which can automatically modify the frequency and timings of the supported memory modules to work in par with your CPU. With the X99 Champion Series, GIGABYTE is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility with profiles up to 3200MHz, and exclusively 3400Mhz for the X99-SOC Champion.

I hate seeing these kinds of announcements without any reference to a price point. Even a ballpark figure would be appreciated...

have they given them a decent m.2 implementation this time?

i am a long time Gigabyte fan, and went MSI with X99 because of that.

have they given them a decent m.2 implementation this time?

i am a long time Gigabyte fan, and went MSI with X99 because of that.

Not on the X99 SOC Champion. Its still using Gen 2 PCIe instead of Gen 3.

:( oh, gigabyte. why?

Motherboard manufacturers face decisions like this all the time. The choice they make is a gamble. Adoption rates for new features and projected adoption rates of new features factor into how a given motherboard is designed in a given price point. ASUS believed the ROG users wouldn't adopt SATA Express quickly and would favor traditional SATA storage and M.2 instead. Early Z97 ROG motherboards like the Maximus VII Ranger didn't support SATA Express at all. That gamble paid off as SATA Express support from drive makers has been lacking to say the least.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back