Stupid Criminal of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Time Warner cable guy a no show? Call customer service and tell them you are going to blow up the building. That'll show them!

A Nebraska woman phoned in a bomb threat to Time Warner Cable's customer service center while complaining that the cable guy didn't show up, police said Wednesday. Time Warner's office in Lincoln was evacuated Tuesday as authorities launched a 20-minute search for a bomb, police said. No explosive devices were found.

Back in my call center days, a (local) caller said to a rep "I am going to drive to the call center and f*** you right in the ass when I figure out who you are. I hope you like getting f***ed bitch"

Guy was arrested within the hour.

Back in my call center days, a (local) caller said to a rep "I am going to drive to the call center and f*** you right in the ass when I figure out who you are. I hope you like getting f***ed bitch"

Guy was arrested within the hour.

sounded sincere, especially if they were in love. :confused:

eh, back in the days our call center and the building in general required badge access, not like you could actually get in to set a bomb. well, you could by using some tricks but normally no.

When I was working at [big company], someone randomly called my desk (dial the exchange, then 4 digits and cross your fingers), and said something almost as stupid; turns out she just needed to know the hostname of the pop3 server so she could configure her blackberry (also it would have been nice if [big company] had humans reading support mail, just saying)

You_30d002_1237254.jpg

Crazy is crazy, but it is bs you have to burn a vacation day or lose a day of work to not have a guy show up meaning you'll have to lose another.

Where I work, we had a bomb threat maybe 3 years ago. It was kind of nice to be outside for the 3 hours they searched for bombs.

Some people get so angry.

Yep, it's ridiculous. I don't get it sometimes. Some people really need an introduction to zen. Or Xanax. I dont know. You're absolutely right though, some people just freak the fuck out over nothing. Such a bad way to go through life.

Thoughts control emotions control behavior

"What the fuck? I swear to God I'm blowing up that building. I swear to God,"

Honestly, it doesn't sound any different than half the stuff you'll hear walking down the street of a busy city. It sounds more like an exasperation. Like how, "I'm going to kick your butt!" really isn't a threat until the person starts to act on it.

Back