How Businesses Can Eliminate Separate Tiers Of IT Access With Virtualized Graphics

HardOCP News

[H] News
Call it the velvet rope of enterprise graphics. On one side are the engineers, designers and others who require high-performance graphics. They generally use powerful workstations sporting the latest video cards. On the other side of the rope are the vast majority of users—knowledge workers, task workers and others—who receive standard PC configurations. Two tiers. Two deployment strategies. Two IT management approaches. Enterprises can cut the rope by deploying shared GPU solutions in a virtual desktop infrastructure environment. They can make graphics-rich applications available to a broad spectrum of users. They can make their deployments easier to manage. And they can better preserve the security of their data. All it takes is adopting NVIDIA GRID-powered virtualization. GPU sharing lets companies serve different tiers of workers with a flexibility that wasn’t possible with earlier virtualization offerings.

I thought this had already been out for a long time in Virtual environments running a server GPU? I guess this could just be NVIDIA's GRID debut? :confused:

It would really suck to HAVE to run anything intensive through a remote connection.

my BIL got cut loose after 17 years with a company that decided to VM all their machines...dumb if you ask me, but most IT is outsourced to management companies that can do 90% of the troubleshoot/maintenance from their own building.

Back