Western Digital My Cloud DL4100 24TB NAS

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are looking for a storage solution for your home or office, the Western Digital My Cloud DL4100 24TB NAS might be something to look into. Head on over to CDRLabs for the complete review.

The My Cloud DL4100 is a great addition to WD's line of business class NAS devices. Available as a diskless enclosure or a populated system that works right out of the box, this compact, 4-bay NAS bridges the gap between the company's prosumer Expert series and the Windows-based Sentinel series.

What an absolute waste for $1500 for a NAS with four 6TB disks.

You can do allot better out there for that price point.

What an absolute waste for $1500 for a NAS with four 6TB disks.

You can do allot better out there for that price point.

Like what? It seems that about $1k of that or more is the disks even shopping across multiple brands. About the only option that might give you a bit more bang for your buck is going with an 8 bay with support for 4T drives. Not that it's a bargain or something, but it seems to be priced in line with the rest of the options out there in retail channels. I'm not saying it will blow your socks off, but your criticism seems a bit harsh without an example of a better option.

For the kind of business where 24T would be enough I don't see rolling your own and supporting it being a viable option in most cases.

Back