Convicted Silk Road Founder Seeks New Trial

HardOCP News

[H] News
I think they should give this guy a new trial just so we can see if he'll get convicted even faster than he did last time. :D

The motion claims prosecutors did not turn over evidence that might have cleared Ulbricht until two weeks before the trial began. Ross Ulbricht, the convicted founder of online drug marketplace Silk Road, is seeking a new trial based on the premise that prosecutors failed to disclose evidence in a timely fashion.

This guy and all his cryptoanarchists should get some of those 1-way trip tickets to Mars.

Making the rest of us Bitcoin supporters look bad.

Silk_Worm_-_1990_-_Sammy_Corporation.jpg

A lot of spin on this story, hoping the [H]arder audiences can see through the grime

^agreed. he claimed a percentage of all transactions but he never actually trafficked narcotics. its a grey area unfortunately to me (but not the law)

^agreed. he claimed a percentage of all transactions but he never actually trafficked narcotics. its a grey area unfortunately to me (but not the law)

I'm for adults making their own decisions when it comes to drug use, but this guy deserves whatever he gets.

This guy and all his cryptoanarchists should get some of those 1-way trip tickets to Mars.

Making the rest of us Bitcoin supporters look bad.

1 guy represents a 3 billion dollar market cap.

If nothing else, I can sure as hell tell you most bitcoiners I know don't keep their keys locally on their laptop.

The guy was fucking railroaded. No warrants for surveillance of TOR, numerous problems with HOW the server was exploited, also without a court order, and the obvious redaction of information presented to the defense, then the unredacted information just prior to the trial, then during the trial a denial to exploit that information which was PART OF THE PROSECUTION to being with.

I dont give a rats ass if this guy is guilty or not, i care about how the law is supposed to work to protect you me and even him. And the government violated the law in order to further the prosecution and ultimate conviction, and the courts upheld a lot of the questionable practices. THAT should scare the shit out of all of you, but most are just to worried about what others think than what is right.

The guy was fucking railroaded. No warrants for surveillance of TOR, numerous problems with HOW the server was exploited, also without a court order, and the obvious redaction of information presented to the defense, then the unredacted information just prior to the trial, then during the trial a denial to exploit that information which was PART OF THE PROSECUTION to being with.

I dont give a rats ass if this guy is guilty or not, i care about how the law is supposed to work to protect you me and even him. And the government violated the law in order to further the prosecution and ultimate conviction, and the courts upheld a lot of the questionable practices. THAT should scare the shit out of all of you, but most are just to worried about what others think than what is right.

Agree.

The whole point of "innocent until proven guilty" is the concept that it's more important for the innocent to be free than it is for the guilty to be punished.

Back