WordPress Wins $25,000 From DMCA Takedown Abuser

HardOCP News

[H] News
Although $25,000 is a paltry sun when it comes to stuff like this, at least the person abusing the DMCA takedown system lost the case.

WordPress has scored an important victory in court against a man who abused the DMCA to censor an article of a critical journalist. The court agreed that the takedown request was illegitimate and awarded WordPress roughly $25,000 in damages and attorneys fees.

I love it, and I love the fact that the article's author accurately equates the "straight pride" movement to the idiotic "men's rights" movement. Egad, heaven forbid we share with non-straight, non-male members of society. Back to the basement, neckbeards! :D

It's a default judgement, no one showed up for court... so good luck collecting on that. It's symbolic but that's about it.

If it involved one of the content mafias - with their rampant abuse of DMCAs backed by armies of lawyers to bankrupt any protestors with - then it'd be worth covering. Alas it's just a peasant on peasant affair.

I love it, and I love the fact that the article's author accurately equates the "straight pride" movement to the idiotic "men's rights" movement. Egad, heaven forbid we share with non-straight, non-male members of society. Back to the basement, neckbeards! :D

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not sure if my sarcasm meter is broken today or not.

In any case, If you haven't noticed, there is a "gay pride" movement as well. So what, they are allowed to have their petty group, and those of us who are straight are not allowed to have a petty non-gay group?

Back