NVIDIA TITAN X Drives VR Demos Across GDC Show Floor

HardOCP News

[H] News
Every show needs a star. And the Game Developers Conference’s star is virtual reality. And just as every star has a “man behind the curtain” helping to make the magic happen, that supporting role here is being played by NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX processors. Our GPUs are on stage this week behind a whole troupe of VR power players, including:

• Crytek with Back to Dinosaur Island
  • Epic Games and WETA Digital with Thief in the Shadows
  • Epic Games with Showdown
  • Oculus with Return to Dinosaur Island, Thief in the Shadows, Showdown
  • Unity with Unity 5
  • Valve with Portal, Job Simulator, TheBluVR and the Gallery demos
The preparation for VR’s GDC coming out party started months ago when NVIDIA began working with partners on their next-gen VR demos. To create content that’s richer than the current state of the art in VR, they needed something faster than the world’s fastest GPU, the NVIDIA GTX 980. They needed a TITAN.

I really want to see that "Theif in the Shadows" demo. Hopefully Epic and WETA make it publicly available.

This caught my interest:

Crytek with Back to Dinosaur Island

I'll have to look into this now...

Some guy on Hard Forum will buy 4 of them.....not me.....

Yeah, really. It's cool and all and yay for those that can stomach the price but back in normal guy land I'm waiting for something about $350 that's better-enough than a pair of 280x's or a single 290x. It'll probly be awhile yet.
Maybe if the 980 drops a couple hundred bucks or so. Crossfire has been way too good to me, I'm spoiled.

I seem to remember there was an article, a day ago with the same title but it said AMD instead of Nvidia....

and as of today AMD has shown nothing.... smh AMD, just smh.

Back