Windows 10: Cortana Integration In Spartan

This guy's voice makes me want to jump out of my window. I will say that the border-less windows in 10 look great.

The first thing that jumps right out at me is that it's a WinRT application. Interface looks pretty modern and usable. Microsoft seems to be doubling down on WinRT (also called "modern" apps), so I guess their monitization strategy for Windows 10 is "pay us %30 of each sale" for every application.

Interesting, I'm not sure how this will play out.

Until you have 5 powerpoints, excels or word documents opened up at once.
Does that matter? The title bar shows the highlighted window in a different color which has always been enough for me.

Also the only real feature i want out of spartan is a proper implementation of session management, really was the only thing that bugged me about IE11.

This guy's voice makes me want to jump out of my window. I will say that the border-less windows in 10 look great.

Yep, I dig the borderless windows, even though OSX has had them for almost a decade.

I do hope we can completely disable/uninstall that cortana crap though.

Cortana integration looks alright - unobtrusive when don't need it and helpful when you want to know more. Biggest downside is loss of privacy, because I'm sure every page you visit needs to be sent to MS for Cortana to work.

Cortana integration looks alright - unobtrusive when don't need it and helpful when you want to know more. Biggest downside is loss of privacy, because I'm sure every page you visit needs to be sent to MS for Cortana to work.
Meh works the same with every browser now of days, send extra info for spell checks, prefetching etc.

Yah but I am sure you use Chrome and don't have a problem with that because Google isn't evil...... Get over it. We lost privacy years ago and didn't even know it.

Looks like they have done a pretty solid job with it. So long as I can remove cortana and spartan completely from the system when it goes live, I'll be a pretty happy camper.

Until you have 5 powerpoints, excels or word documents opened up at once.

I've been using the tech preview for months, it's not an issue for me and I wager it won't be an issue for you either assuming you don't have a serious vision impairment. It's not like each window is a blank sheet of one continuous color and all the windows have drop shadows.

For some reason i was sure cortana was a SIRI like application with a blue body that helps me , Office Clippy like.

I don't know, isn't anyone else sick of being given unrelated, totally inaccurate crap when using all search engines!
Can't see this Cortana is going to be anything different :mad:

I've been using the tech preview for months, it's not an issue for me and I wager it won't be an issue for you either assuming you don't have a serious vision impairment. It's not like each window is a blank sheet of one continuous color and all the windows have drop shadows.

I switched to a mac 3 months ago at work and I will say the borderless windows drive me crazy. Is it that difficult to provide the option of a border?

I switched to a mac 3 months ago at work and I will say the borderless windows drive me crazy. Is it that difficult to provide the option of a border?

Microsoft doesn't do options anymore. They're taking the Apple approach now and you're going to like it.

No thank you. This is a privacy nightmare and there is no way I am letting this spyware anywhere near me.

Back