BlueScreen help

Corporal79

Gawd
I've been experiencing a blue screen randomly lately. Sometimes it's days without crashing, sometimes it's multiple times a day that is crashes and restarts. It became annoying enough that I completely reinstalled Windows and it still happens. I thought it could be memory so I ran memtest for 24 hours with no issues. This machine has been rock solid since I built it years ago, and no hardware changes have been made. 99% of it's use is for SFTP as I don't play much pc games these days. I was able to grab this from Blue Screen View. I've run chkdsk and sfc.exe /scannow which did fix some issues but it still crashes randomly. I'm running Windows 7 x64 SP1

KNg5ZHe.png

Googling around its pretty generic, anyone else have any idea on how to narrow down the culprit?

Thank you

Last edited:
assuming your running stock and not overclocked i would try raising voltages a tad here and there in the bios....test your voltage rails with multimeter and or apps for voltage drops. even though it passed memory test try running with only one stick at a time and running IBT at max settings and see what happens. Have you had any high temps? random blue screens when running stock are more about bad memory or power supply....got to do a bit more homework

bottom line is it hardware or software? since you reloaded windows it appears hardware. just a thought..... try the long cmos reset with removing the battery and power source and move jumper. hold power button for a bit ect ect. then rstore bios defaults and redo all settings in bios disabling anything not being needed. (Sometimes the bios gets a glitch) you might even try disabling all power saving (c states) and speed step and see if it helps any

Most people will say its either your ram/power supply/ incorrect bios settings

Do you have the Bug Check Code/Stop Code?
Make sure all drivers are all update, even though you reloaded.
Reset BIOS like primetime said (can update BIOS as well...)

Back