Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know about you but I am pretty excited about this news. I've always been a fan of the franchise. :cool:

This has been the subject of speculation since Bethesda recently announced its first-ever E3 conference. As noted on PSU, shinobi602 is known to be the source of accurate insider information in the past, so while this is completely unconfirmed., it is being taken pretty seriously. When asked to rate how likely this is to happen on a scale of one to 10, he replied "11."

This has been speculated for a few weeks now. Being that they are hosting their own press conference instead of piggybacking onto Microsoft or Sony's show, they must have a lot to talk about. Fallout seems obvious given that the last two major Beth releases were both Elder Scrolls titles.

Fingers crossed that the game is far into development. If they shoot for the end of the year, that gives them a solid 4 years since Skyrim released. I don't see any reason why that isn't plausible. Also hoping they don't attempt to release on PS3/360. I don't see them abandoning the Creation Engine after only one game, but hopefully they can push it a lot farther by abandoning the older platforms.

Fallout 3 was amazing for it's time. I'm really hoping to see them push the boundaries like that again with a new Fallout. I want to hear my 980 scream for mercy!

Looking forward to a new fallout. Hopefully they don't screw it up and go MMO like elder scrolls. That would kill off 2 of my favorite rpg franchises and I might cry.

Fallout 3 was amazing for it's time. I'm really hoping to see them push the boundaries like that again with a new Fallout. I want to hear my 980 scream for mercy!

Meh, their game engines are usually broken somehow and they're prolly gonna use the same 3 bad voice actors, release a half-finished game filled with bugs that go unresolved, crossing their fingers that modders will fix most of them which won't happen because the existing crashy-ness will get made a million times worse as the mods overrun system memory to give you 20 minutes of play between game restarts and then abandon it completely after two sad DLC attempts with a shrug about it not being the company's primary focus while excitedly announcing a new Elder Scrolls game that won't launch for four more years and will inevitably repeat the cycle above.

Sweet. I paid full price for NV after picking up FO3 on sale i was hooked. This is one of the few games i will buy at full price, depending on reviews, but im sure it will be awesome.

Loved Fallout 3/New Vegas,especially all the mod support they got. With the STALKER franchise in limbo,Fallout 4 is the best hope for a decent open world shooter.

Meh, their game engines are usually broken somehow and they're prolly gonna use the same 3 bad voice actors, release a half-finished game filled with bugs that go unresolved, crossing their fingers that modders will fix most of them which won't happen because the existing crashy-ness will get made a million times worse as the mods overrun system memory to give you 20 minutes of play between game restarts and then abandon it completely after two sad DLC attempts with a shrug about it not being the company's primary focus while excitedly announcing a new Elder Scrolls game that won't launch for four more years and will inevitably repeat the cycle above.
Gamebryo for the lose.

I'm conflicted. I love fallout, but don't know if I will ever have time to complete another fallout.

At long last, the Brotherhood of Steel will make a triumphant return! :cool:

I'd love for part of the announcement to be their making a DRM free version and a Linux version but I am not holding my breath.

Love the franchise. It's near the top of my list right up there with the Ultima series.

Still remember buying Fallout 1 on release day back in 1997 for $30 at Best Buy (since that was about the only place to score the best deal on a new release PC game). Amazing game. Announcement for FO2 came about and I was totally excited. Played both numerous times throughout the years and then FO3 was announced as a FPS style game. Much hesitation was felt, as I wasn't sure if it was going to have the same immersion and "feel" of the first two with their angled top-down camera view. Damn, was I wrong...Bethesda nailed it! FO3 surged to the top of my favorite FO game list. Then NV came out, and I was blown away again! Seeing the details they put into everything, especially the Red Rock Canyon area when I first visited that part of the game world, left me in almost as much awe as seeing the real RRC just outside of LV.

This is exciting news and I can hardly wait for FO4!!!

I'm conflicted. I love fallout, but don't know if I will ever have time to complete another fallout.

Haha, this is exactly what came to my mind as well. Yay growing up.

C'mon people...there are plenty of old timers here that are avid gamers. I'm pushing 40 and it's imperative to ALWAYS MAKE TIME for awesome games. :cool:

I am now 30 and try to make time also, but there are limits compared to my college days when I could poopsock my way through whatever game I wanted.

Loved F3 (played 200+hrs) and then Bethesda screwed me over with an update that rendered my saved game unusable(and a lot of other bugs). Never more crappy buggy sh*t from Bethesda. They have idea for great games, but they are aweful at beta testing and release buggy games all the time (name one from the last 10 years that wasn't filled with bugs).

I always felt Fallout New Vegas ran like crap no matter what hardware you're using. My SLI 970's pull 40 fps average on NV with ENB and a bunch of mods. Hoping FO4 is optimized.

Looking forward to a new fallout. Hopefully they don't screw it up and go MMO like elder scrolls. That would kill off 2 of my favorite rpg franchises and I might cry.

I disagree. I don't have any problem with them doing a Fallout Online. I just don't want them to screw the pooch like they did with Elder Scrolls Online.

The quests need to be in the same vein as the ones in Fallout3 and the need to build the game around professions that mean something, really mean something.

Start the game with a world just coming out of the Vaults. An empty town called Megaton, no problem. Just make it about smaller, make it grow as people open shops and buy home, blocks appear and walls expand.

As for professions, why can't I be a shopkeeper, set up my buying and selling preferences and an NPC stands in for me when I am off line. The store closes at night anyway right? So I can create a toon and set standard rates, competition can keep things right and when I am in I can always make friends and offer special deals, specially to those who find me the goods to sell and the traders who roam from town to town selling.

So now we have people who are shop keepers, traders, Body Guards for traders, hunters, scavengers, doctors, mechanics, scientists, demolitions experts, and let us drive the game world instead of trying to feed it to us.

As a player, why can't I offer someone a quest, the offered reward goes in "Escrow" until the quest is satisfied or defaulted on. So if I am a Gun Smith and want to make a weapon, but I need a decent .308 caliber barrel to finish it, I create the quest, someone who is developing his scavenger comes over and accepts the quest, the game engine drops a rifle, (with some parts good and some in worse conditions), somewhere and points the guy in the general direction. The scavey will have to get that barrel through strength or stealth and return it for the agreed upon price/trade.

If he is successful I finish the rifle and it goes up for sale. I don't have to run my shop all day, I can hire an employee and do some running around in the wastelands myself but if I run around too much for too long my business may suffer. Running a shop might not be for everyone. But it doesn't need to tie a guy down to his shop either. Worst case let me run a separate character as well.

C'mon people...there are plenty of old timers here that are avid gamers. I'm pushing 40 and it's imperative to ALWAYS MAKE TIME for awesome games. :cool:

I thought the same thing. I'm 40 in August, and I have time for awesome games. Lately, though, I've been spending that time making my game area/home theater a little better. I'm working on a bar with a couple beer taps and extra seating. Plus, it's getting close to gardening and BBQ season. Plus, fishing coming up....

Might have to move gaming to night time. :)

I always felt Fallout New Vegas ran like crap no matter what hardware you're using. My SLI 970's pull 40 fps average on NV with ENB and a bunch of mods. Hoping FO4 is optimized.

Perhaps it was the driver you were using? Or ENB?

I've never had a problem with framerates in NV or FO3, but I also don't like using the shader mods as it tends to make certain lighting look really bad in some situations (or it did, it might be fixed now).

Even on my laptop (i7 & Quadro 2000m), with some mods, I have no problems hitting over 60fps.

Perhaps it was the driver you were using? Or ENB?

I've never had a problem with framerates in NV or FO3, but I also don't like using the shader mods as it tends to make certain lighting look really bad in some situations (or it did, it might be fixed now).

Even on my laptop (i7 & Quadro 2000m), with some mods, I have no problems hitting over 60fps.

Maybe it was the ENB, I was pulling 20 fps with a GTX 260 on the same ENB so I expected much better than 40's with SLI 970's.

A healthy gamer attitude that I try to exemplify in 55 years this month daily life. And there are many more older then I still kicking the keyboard and mouse.

The same excuses apply you know, crappy mouse, sorry assed ISP, Mommy Agro :D

I would love a new fallout. They're great games. I didn't think the game [fallout3] was "broken" when it was released. I had no real issues to speak of that come to mind.

I would love a new fallout. They're great games. I didn't think the game [fallout3] was "broken" when it was released. I had no real issues to speak of that come to mind.

The only real issue I remember at launch was NPCs in Megaton falling to their deaths from the walkways which was a problem when it was someone you needed to interact with for a quest. Of course on PC you could always use the console to perform a little necromancy.

Never finished FO3 and barely started NV. Hopefully FO4 won't be a bug fest.

That's what mods are for, I really do love unofficial patch mods that fixes things.

My hat's off to those patch makers.

May 2016 is the rumored release date...long ways away...and with a few mandatory release date delays we probably won't see this until November 2016

If the announcement will be Fallout 4 I hope Bethesda has actual gameplay footage to prove its existence. I'm also hoping Fallout 4 will come in a 64 bit version so it can use more than just 4 GB of RAM. I shouldn't have to use a third party utility, such as ENB, to do that.

Back