Omni-OS (napp-it) SAN FC esxi

Modder man

[H]ard|Gawd
have built an small omni-os (with napp-it) SAN using a SuperMicro 113-6 1026T-URF.

Server Specs
Dual L5520
27Gb ram
6 fujitsu 15k 146GB disk
1 100GB intel DC3700
1 128GB micron SSD
Qlogic QLE2464 Quad port fibre channel card

I am trying to configure FC LUN's for my ESXi hosts. Am I sharing a iSCSI LUN, or is this different? I have the target and host groups setup and the WWN of the host FC cards setup and I cannot get the hosts to see the LUN's for the life of me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any answers to this, I have almost an identical setup and am wondering the same things.

A possible option may be that ESXi supports only LUN IDs from 0..255.
You can set this number when you create a view

the problem with mine ended up being a few failed fiber patches as well as two bad HBA's. I dont know what type of swtich you are running, but i also had a problem with the intial config I was running there. I set the switch back to factory defualts and then the Hosts were able to see the LUN's

Sounds like zoning was configured on the fc switch, that would cause issues.

zoning is kindof like firewall rules, allowing different fc stuff to talk to each other.

Yes it had a zoning config setup. for home use i see no reason to use zoning and have just allowed it communicate openly.

I have a similar setup but I don't have any zones setup. Curious if you have the quadport card setup as a target or client... If the qlc driver is loaded it won't work, it must be qlt..

Back