Recommendations please.

Mister E

2[H]4U
So I'm in the market for a new monitor. See sig for reason lol. I've been searching around and I've seen the good, the bad, and thee insanely expensive. I'm looking for the best rez/response time/quality for the buck. Here's my must haves:

- Low response time. 5ms or less.
- 24" at least. Can go to 27" if needed.
- Very little to no black light bleed.
- 1920x1080 is doable but I'd like to stay at 1920x1200 or up to 2560x1440.
- Excellent color reproduction. (I tried a cheap asus monitor and took it back, it was yuck)
- No bells and whistles. I don't need speakers or a fancy stand. I kept my old Acer stand with the vesa mount. I can use that.

Any input you'd like to share along with your recommendations and user experiences would be greatly appreciated. I'm stuck on an old Sony LCD (1280x1024) so I need your help.

Thanks in advance!!

- Low response time. 5ms or less.

Monitors measured pixel response times are usually 2-5x longer than the specification provided by manufacturers, plus you are using an ancient monitor which is likely far slower than most newer monitors

Check out my recommendations thread. The good 1200p monitors do offer better image quality than most of the 1080p monitors aside from the Eizo EV2336W and the glossy 1080p IPS panels (Dell S2x15H & HP 23 Envy) which are almost as good, but far cheaper.

What type of connections does your videocard have? Are you looking for displayport?

Thanks guys. I'll check out your posted info.

Oh and I'd like to stay under 300 bucks.

Back