Is it dead?

• Thread starter Deleted member 108676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108676

It was an external Seagate 3TB hardrive. Worked fine this morning, rebooted the computer for updates and it just makes this noise. Did it on mulitple computers. I took it out of its case to hook directly to MB and it makes same noises.

I'm assuming its dead...which sucks shit, because I have about 3TB worth of shit on there. Is there a cheap/easy/free way to get my info off of there?

http://youtu.be/otKfTlVvEG0

Almost 100 views and nothing. I'm more impressed than anything.

stop turning it on and send it to a data recovery team if it is really important.

cause it is gonna be expensive.

Is there a cheap/easy/free way to get my info off of there?

No. It will cost several hundred (possibly 1 thousand US) to recover your data. The only way is a data recovery company and repeating the theme of the previous post the more you attempt to recover it yourself the more damage you will do to the drive making it less likely to get all of your data back.

Last edited:
We hope that you have another copy of your "3TB worth of shit on there".

If you don't have another copy of those file, I guess those files are not that important.

If you want to try and recover that 3TB of adult content, put it in a freezer bag and stick it in the freezer, leave it in there for close to day and then pull it out and start trying to copy all of your favorite movies off. Rinse and repeat until you have everything copied over or it stops working completely.

Back