Google Pays $25 Million for.app TLDN

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
You can always tell a company that is flush with cash, but you sure can’t tell them much.:D Google has gone shopping again for TLDNs and came away with the most expensive Top Level Domain Name ever. Google just purchased .app for a whopping $25 Million dollars. :eek:

The price is more than three times as much as the previous record for a new top-level domain, the $6.8 million paid by Dot Tech LLC in September for the “.tech” top-level domain. Google rival Amazon.com AMZN -1.21% paid $4.6 million for the “.buy” domain name in September and $2.2 million for “.spot” in October.

Wonderful, money well spent

I can't wait until I can go to Games.app, Apps.app, I hate having to type .com

/sarcasm

Why not .google? as in my.google?

25 mil is a lot of money to piss away like that but hey why not...

hey sell a few more ratpads and get .hardocp

So who does this money go to exactly?

Judging from this quote from the article, "Google paid $25 million to control the “.app” top-level domain this week, according to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, a non-profit group which maintains much of the technical plumbing of the Internet.", I would assume the funds went to ICANN ... Not sure how they spend their money exactly

I would assume the funds went to ICANN ... Not sure how they spend their money exactly

I'm going to assume it involves at least one multilevel yacht, seven jet hot tub, a few ounces of coke and some really rough looking eastern european women

I'm going to assume it involves at least one multilevel yacht, seven jet hot tub, a few ounces of coke and some really rough looking eastern european women

Ahhh. Well.

I have a bottom of the line beginner hot tub and only one seat has less than nine jets. WTF is a "seven jet" hot tub?

I am assuming the eastern European women remark is something sexual???
I'd much rather have a woman who wasn't from a war torn community and still pissed about it than a peaceful happy woman. Call me crazy!

Back