Scored me an X'Eye!

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
CQ56VZ.jpg

Wonder how many of you remember what this is.

Works perfectly! Score!

I fancy myself as some sort of old console and game expert. I have no idea what this is.

It's just a Genesis and Sega CD combo JVC was given rights to make because they made some audio chips for Sega. Cool stuff. Can we get some action pics OP?

Allow me to relate a humorous Sega CD story:

A friend of mine, Dana was fairly upper-middle class. Cool kid, his parents bought him a Sega CD when it came out. At the time Sewer Shark was one of a handful of games available for the system. So he played that a lot.

During the game, an NPC repeatedly tells you to, "Remember your jump data!". Well, he thought it was saying, "Remember to jump, Dana!". Wow, was he ever blown away by the seemingly futuristic technology in that game.

He realized what the NPC was really saying after some hours of playtime.

Can you guess what I'm playing? and the 8 systems there?
You're playing the Phantasy Star that was ported over to Sega CD. I don't recall which one it was exactly. I cannot identify all 8 systems. I'll give it a shot though:

Top left, judging by the controller it's a 3DO?

Below that a SNES, obviously.

On the bottom shelf? I have no idea. Some sort of black Sega Saturn?

The aforementioned Xeye in the middle.

Next to that, a 32 X.

Below that, a Wii.

Bottom right, original Xbox.

I don't see an 8th system. Is it sitting on top of the Xbox?

EDIT: I cheated and Googled. You're not playing Phantasy Star. I won't name it so someone else can guess.

Last edited:
You're playing the Phantasy Star that was ported over to Sega CD. I don't recall which one it was exactly. I cannot identify all 8 systems. I'll give it a shot though:

Top left, judging by the controller it's a 3DO?

Below that a SNES, obviously.

On the bottom shelf? I have no idea. Some sort of black Sega Saturn?

The aforementioned Xeye in the middle.

Next to that, a 32 X.

Below that, a Wii.

Bottom right, original Xbox.

I don't see an 8th system. Is it sitting on top of the Xbox?

EDIT: I cheated and Googled. You're not playing Phantasy Star. I won't name it so someone else can guess.

Yep, except yea, its not Phantasy Star.

Also that's a HEAVILY modded Xbox original. Upgraded CPU, Doubled RAM, and replaced the hdd with a 1.5TB drive. Helluva system.

My Sega CDX is in for repairs and my Nomad is getting refurbished so it didn't make the pictures.

For some reason, in my head I picture the Sega Saturn as white. Perhaps my memories of it and the Dreamcast are melded into one.

So I was right about the 3DO? How often does it get used?

I have a soft spot for that system. When I was a kid, my father received a cash settlement and spoiled me and my sister with cool gifts. Spent, God, must have been $700+ at Nobody Beats the Wiz on a 3DO and a controller plus two or three games. It was the Panasonic FZ-10 model.

I recall having to utilize a mail order company to buy games for it, as they weren't sold in retail stores anywhere around here except at the Wiz. Man, it was like Christmas when a game arrived every month or so in a cardboard envelope.

I had a pair of rare Super Street Fighter II, pistol-grip, six-button controllers (also via mail order) for the system along with some other cool accessories, like a flight stick and a light gun.

During a move a few years back, I found an old CD case with some 3DO games in it. Doom, Theme Park, Wing Commander III, Return Fire and of course, Night Trap. Brought back some good memories of the massive flop that was the 3DO.

I love my 3DO. Wish more controllers had a headphone jack and volume knob on the controller itself, awesome idea. I just bought these tonight also.

GDr3be.jpg

The 3DO had the best version of Super Street Fighter 2 by a long shot!

I always wanted an X'Eye. I'm still a bit ticked that I didn't buy the one I came across a few years ago at the flea market for $25, but I felt certain that it must have been stolen.
Anyway, congrats!

Yep, it is Vay! Awesome unknown by most RPG that has one kick ass soundtrack and story.

Back