Cooler Master Glacer 240L Ver. 2?

So far from my experience, the only change is that they spliced in a new connector for the pump/block that should solve the issues of it burning right out of the pump that so many reviewers experienced.

It performs just as well as ever, giving me temps comparable to the HardOCP crew's findings.

Within 3 days, the pump blew a bearing, and sounded like I just started a prop engine plane every time I hit the power button. Surprisingly, it kept temps just as cool while sounding like it was swirling trash around inside the pump.

RMA process has taken 11 days so far. I've had to contact them twice to try to get them to send a return shipping label. Each time, I have to reference previous conversations to get them to accept that I'm supposed to be receiving a return shipping label at all. I've also been told that their RMA process is delayed (No reason given), with urges to continue pestering them if I still do not receive any labels or emails from them.

While the tech support agents have all been pleasant and understanding, the process itself has been a bit trying on my patience. If it wasn't for my brand loyalty, I'd have already written CM off at this point, returned everything, and gone with Corsair. They're starting to use it up though.

Never updated this, but I finally stumbled back on it today, so I'll finish my consumer review of this cooler.

Basically, I was promised twice more that they'd mail out RMA information. This never happened. I finally took at look on newegg, and noticed 2 things. 1. Nearly every review was negative. Tons and tons of blown pumps. 2. CM support are clueless idiots who don't bother to investigate your issue before spouting off random incontextual nonsense.

Their CM rep on newegg told me to just RMA it, because they can see I have an open RMA. Despite the fact that I included in my review that I had never once received the RMA info after several interactions with CM support.

At this point, I intend on just reusing the radiator when I can afford a proper pump and reservoir. And I've completely written CM off. Had issues with both their latest Silencio case and this cooler, without any effort on their part to fix it. RMA'd both issues. Never received anything but empty promises and wasted time. 16 years of customer trust down the drain.

Back