840 Pro not detected in UEFI

Tripwyr

n00b
I'm using an Asus ROG Impact. I needed to RMA it because it didn't turn on, turns out it had shorted out because the 840 was mounted behind it, and one of the screws was long enough to contact the back of the board.

With the new replacement board, the 840 Pro is not being detected in UEFI. I have tried both IDE and AHCI. I have tried switching SATA ports, including one known to be working. I don't have any other drives to test with.

Any ideas?

Check for motherboard BIOS/UEFI updates and firmware updates for the SSD. Of course you need another system that detects the SSD to update its firmware...

It is also possible that when you fried the motherboard you damaged the SSD as well :(

It is also possible that when you fried the motherboard you damaged the SSD as well :(
Unfortunately, this. You can try it in another computer to confirm, if that is an option. Good news is the 850 Pros are already coming down in price, I guess...

Check for motherboard BIOS/UEFI updates and firmware updates for the SSD. Of course you need another system that detects the SSD to update its firmware...

Updating the BIOS now.

This was my concern, that is why I mentioned it. Hopefully not the case, but very possible.

After updating the UEFI, the SSD was still not recognized. I tested it in a computer on a working SATA port/cable, and it was not detected in the OS either. I suspect it was fried when it shorted the old motherboard, so I guess I'm buying a new one.

After updating the UEFI, the SSD was still not recognized. I tested it in a computer on a working SATA port/cable, and it was not detected in the OS either. I suspect it was fried when it shorted the old motherboard, so I guess I'm buying a new one.
Send it back for warranty replacement and don't mention the unfortunate short.

Back