Prob: installing lcd on dell E6440, if anyone knows

rogerwilco

Limp Gawd
I have a Latitude E 6440 laptop.Was replacing the lcd with a higher res model 1600x900 that is made for this model.It came with the 1366x768 Lcd.

The problem is this-after i install the new lcd i have some terrible colors that come up.I was told i need a high def cable connected to the new lcd that makes no sense.I called dell and talk about retarded-geez,they had no idea.

Does anyone here know? Greatly appreciated

Just found out this is what i need . 1600x900 HD+ screen; that requires the two-channel (2CH) cable (Part #: 7MGPK).

Cant find it for sell here and dell acts like it does not exist

Can u believe that the only source for this cable is china on ebay, All i need is a cable , on hold with dell right now.They can't seem to understand why i need the cable,After dealing with robots from dell--
I have to laugh at this experience

Well, you are replacing a laptop screen. Not many people have the balls to do that :D

When I tore open my friend's HP POS Pavilion that wouldn't power on, I found that they had used a cheap plastic power switch (metal case, plastic switch) that had broken off. It was soldered directly to the accessory board, and the plastic was so tiny I couldn't wedge a needle in to make a replacement lever arm. Instead of messing with desoldering that crap, I called them to try and order a replacement accessory board. Each board in the computer has a distinctive part number on it, but HP's Indian support idiots were clueless. They ended-up shipping me a replacement keyboard, and that's the last time I will ever bother to troubleshoot them.

At least Dell has a somewhat better reputation for support. Still, I;m not surprised you got the clueless stare.

Dell does assemble some quality computers , i found the cable and have ordered it.Maybe a bit time consuming to install it ,but not hard at all.Thx for the responses

Back