Battlefield Hardline On PC

HardOCP News

[H] News
All you have to do is read the intro to this article to know this guy is one of us. :cool: For those of you that might have missed it, make sure you check out our Battlefield Hardline Video Card Performance Preview as well.

Hi, my name is Mike Glosecki and I am the gameplay systems producer for Battlefield Hardline. I’m also a hard core PC gamer that builds his own systems and subscribes to the theory that the PC is by far the best gaming platform around. I wanted to take a few moments to give you my perspective on Battlefield Hardline and what makes it a great PC game.

You know...if THAT many people said "it's a re-skin/mod, not an actual game" and "it's too fast, it doesn't feel right", I would have addressed those issues with more than just a, well here's what I think. Who cares what he thinks, the game IS to fast, and it DOES look like a mod to BF4. Remember action half life and CS when they came out? Exactly what this is. Different weapons, models and gameplay but inherently the same exact engine. Hell, they didn't even add different AA modes or HBAO+, or any number of other graphical upgrades. This is 2015!! Come on!! I for one (along with a lot of others) will not be buying this until it's 5$, and even then I will probably have forgotten about it.

We time our LAN party's around game launches, I wish there was something coming out so we could host another one =( It ain't gonna be this though. Definitely disappointed in BF:H

You know...if THAT many people said "it's a re-skin/mod, not an actual game" and "it's too fast, it doesn't feel right", I would have addressed those issues with more than just a, well here's what I think. Who cares what he thinks, the game IS to fast, and it DOES look like a mod to BF4. Remember action half life and CS when they came out? Exactly what this is. Different weapons, models and gameplay but inherently the same exact engine. Hell, they didn't even add different AA modes or HBAO+, or any number of other graphical upgrades. This is 2015!! Come on!! I for one (along with a lot of others) will not be buying this until it's 5$, and even then I will probably have forgotten about it.

We time our LAN party's around game launches, I wish there was something coming out so we could host another one =( It ain't gonna be this though. Definitely disappointed in BF:H

And your honestly surprised? EA has been pulling this shit stunt for years, with only Call of Duty doing it even worse....

still waiting for a real follow up to BF2, dice sold out and nothing else from that company get my money

I played the Beta and felt completely the opposite. I take it like the 2142 variant that BF:2 received. (Which had a bunch of people crying about the same things too)

The game is faster, and I had a blast because of it. It's a nice change of pace for BF, and I didn't think it felt too fast at all.

Everyone complaining about a lack of engine upgrade I say - Get over yourselves. Games are made on engines for the lifetime of the engine, they aren't just going to dump it in two years. No one says that about Unreal or Cryengine licensed games.

To be honest, the only thing that's really making me doubt purchasing it is the fact that GTA is coming out and I probably won't play enough after that to the time in to feel like it was worth the money.

still waiting for a real follow up to BF2, dice sold out and nothing else from that company get my money

After BF2 failure, I only play BF1942 and sometimes BF1943 on my Xbox 360 that was cancelled for PC due to that shittastic Bad Company instead.

By that logic then, "Fallout New Vegas was just a Fallout 3 mod/reskin". And yet the game was still fun and compelling.

And I suspect Hardline will be too, if the 30 hours of gameplay I got from the beta was any indication. No doubt this is an interim release, after all the videogame development business *is* just a business. So many people seem to forget that simple fact. The real successor Battlefield title will be Battlefront, and the new Frostbite will finally leave the shitty mid-2000's toaster consoles behind. Finally.

I don't want to doubt Mike Glosecki sincerity, but to me that whole statement looks like some sort of ploy to get PC gamers to pre-order the Battlefield: Hardline.

it DOES look like a mod to BF4. Remember action half life and CS when they came out? Exactly what this is. Different weapons, models and gameplay but inherently the same exact engine. Hell, they didn't even add different AA modes or HBAO+, or any number of other graphical upgrades. This is 2015!! Come on!! I for one (along with a lot of others) will not be buying this until it's 5$, and even then I will probably have forgotten about it.

Have you played ANY of the call of duty games? They're still using the same quake engine since CoD. Who the hell cares if its a mod or not. As long as its fun, that's all that matters. I think you need to rethink your priorities when it comes to playing video games. I love BF3 and 4 and I consider them a true successor to BF2. I'm still playing with the same group of friends from BF2 and we couldn't care less about the mod. It's all about having fun.

I love BF3/BF4 had pre ordered season pass/elite of both. I prayed that this new BF would have been BF:2143, but no, it's cops and robbers and I find it really bad and boring.

Now I'm hoping World at War 2 is more Treyarch goodness...

BF3 sucked. BF4 was horrid and bug ridden more than any other BF game before it...I vowed to never buy another EA BF again...I won't be buying this bastard child of a BF game either. F them. F the guy who wrote the article too, it's just more bs spin EA is trying to do damage control for their stock price. This game was 'delayed' because hardly ANYONE ordered it or wants it, because we all know it'll be shit.

When a senior person involved in the BFH project has to write an article to tell us how GREAT and AWESOME it is... I immediately think the opposite. PR people writing up meaningless BS fluff quotes is standard and is to be ignores. When someone truly associated with the actual PRODUCT is called up to write a fluff piece, someone at EA is truly desperate.

Let's see how bad this thing bounces off the concrete when it actually launches. Hey, if we expect it to fail, then we leave ourselves (a little) room to be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't, right?

When a senior person involved in the BFH project has to write an article to tell us how GREAT and AWESOME it is... I immediately think the opposite. PR people writing up meaningless BS fluff quotes is standard and is to be ignores. When someone truly associated with the actual PRODUCT is called up to write a fluff piece, someone at EA is truly desperate.

Let's see how bad this thing bounces off the concrete when it actually launches. Hey, if we expect it to fail, then we leave ourselves (a little) room to be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't, right?

^^^

What that guy said :p

I'm still waiting for a remake of 1942 with updated graphics, mod tools, dedicated servers and no unlocks before I give them my [H]ard earned money again. EA would have to actually put out a decent expansion to make the kind of money they are used to milking out of us with crap DLC though. So it will never happen.

I love BF3/BF4 had pre ordered season pass/elite of both. I prayed that this new BF would have been BF:2143, but no, it's cops and robbers and I find it really bad and boring.

+1! I am very disappointed as well. Maybe the first game in battlefield series that I didn't preorder. :(

Hi my name is JGONZ, and I've felt this sort of stroke before, when CoD was trying to blow smoke up my ass about the PC master race blah blah blah. Bottom line DICE/EA this game is not even remotely enough to be full priced. It should and will always be considered a reskin money grab and if your trying to be CoD you will see what a failed attempt to take our money this piece of shit you call Hardline really is. Good Day and good Luck. Now go and polish Star Wars Battlefront and be sure not to fuck up Battlefield 5.

I'm done supporting sub par attempts at catering to the PC community.

Back