Rated "R" Power Rangers Bootleg

Loving the dark concept of it all. I was a huge Power Rangers fan and this is great. I want to watch more!

I'll admit, I was out of high school when this came on the air, so there's very little "nostalgia" factor for me with this series. However I do recall being very interested in one pink power ranger Miss Amy Jo Johnson, so unless this fan make has her nekkid, I'm not going to care :)

I'm a huge fan of the original Power Rangers. If they make a full R-rated movie of this, I'm watching.

Well I've always thought the Power Rangers was a Voltron rip off. Same idea add martial arts to the mix. This version Dredd + Matrix + Blade Runner + Decent Acting/Actors = Power/Rangers. But for most this would not fly because of the so-called violence and naughty language. Lets take Barney for example. You could probably do the same thing. I would love to see an R rated Barney. Fucker goes nuts and kills every one. Hell, Barney Vs Mr. Rogers. The land of make believe is going to get fucked up. I'd watch that in a second. Language, violence, ETC... Who's on board for that one?

Barney with a killer teeth? I'd watch the fucker kill everyone with his nasty bite. haha

Well I've always thought the Power Rangers was a Voltron rip off. Same idea add martial arts to the mix. This version Dredd + Matrix + Blade Runner + Decent Acting/Actors = Power/Rangers. But for most this would not fly because of the so-called violence and naughty language. Lets take Barney for example. You could probably do the same thing. I would love to see an R rated Barney. Fucker goes nuts and kills every one. Hell, Barney Vs Mr. Rogers. The land of make believe is going to get fucked up. I'd watch that in a second. Language, violence, ETC... Who's on board for that one?

Have you seen Death to Smoochy? It was pretty messed up, dark, hilarious, Robin Williams and Ed Norton in a Danny Devito flick kind of good.

Adi Shankar is one weird dude. That said I really liked the Judge Dredd movie he helped bring about. I kind of doubt anyone will ever sign off on a dark Power Rangers film ("think of the children!"), but it's a cool idea, turning the Power Rangers into some severely disturbed adults.

I'll admit, I was out of high school when this came on the air, so there's very little "nostalgia" factor for me with this series. However I do recall being very interested in one pink power ranger Miss Amy Jo Johnson, so unless this fan make has her nekkid, I'm not going to care :)

Did any of the other actors end up in anything worthwhile? I know Amy Jo was in Flashpoint, which I thought was a great show, but I don't remember seeing any of the others in anything memorable.

I don't understand why the current world is obsessed with pushing the tolerance and even celebration of anything that is nerdy, campy, weird, or unorthodox, like the Power Rangers or homosexuality. None of this shit is supposed to be cool or natural.

Odd mix of good, well made sets and trailer parks to break the immersion.

Was kinda good though - never having watched the power rangers I have no basis for comparison however.

not a rip off but same style
Go Lion and Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger(one of many Super Sentai shows) are both
team sentai shows
but the live action Super Sentai came first so if any thing Go Lion(Voltron) was a rip off of it

Black dude totally got the best lines.

Choreography could do some work, and the intro was like Modern Warfare/Titan fall, but other than that. It was pretty cool.

Well I've always thought the Power Rangers was a Voltron rip off. Same idea add martial arts to the mix.
It actually was adapted from the Japanese Super Sentai series of shows. Specifically, MMPR was adapted from the 16th season of the Super Sentai series titled Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger, or loosely translated, Dinosaur Task Force Zyuranger. It aired in Japan from February, 1992-February, 1993. The MMPR adaption aired starting in August, 1993. Although, if you watch the original Zyuranger, there are places where its very obvious the budget is showing. The DVDs were released last week.

As for Voltron, that series was adapted from Beast King GoLion which aired in Japan from March, 1981-February, 1982 and Armored Fleet Dairugger XV which aired from March, 1982-March 1983. Voltron ran in the United States from September, 1984-November, 1985.

Of course, if you really want to go really deep, the first Super Sentai series was Himitsu Sentai Gorenger which first aired in Japan from April, 1975-March, 1977.

So, who ripped off who? Don't care.. my head hurts. This is the sort of stuff that I really don't want to talk about anymore.

I don't understand why the current world is obsessed with pushing the tolerance and even celebration of anything that is nerdy, campy, weird, or unorthodox, like the Power Rangers or homosexuality. None of this shit is supposed to be cool or natural.

Cause maybe it's escapist fun. Except for the homosexuality part. There really isn't any fun in that.

Did any of the other actors end up in anything worthwhile? I know Amy Jo was in Flashpoint, which I thought was a great show, but I don't remember seeing any of the others in anything memorable.

Just the original or the other series?

Rose McIver was in Power Rangers RPM, and she's doing well on TV. Played characters in Once Upon a Time, and Masters of Sex. Now she will be the main star in iZombie.

Anyone ever jack off to the Pink Ranger when they were a kid?

If you look close you can see her nipples. I'm sad and alone. Thank you.

That was alot better than I thought it was going to be.

If this was a full movie I would pay to see it.

I watched the video, but not having watched the original cartoons, was none the wiser about the end reveal. Can someone please explain? I mean, presumably, black = evil, right?

Wish Hollywood would stop inflicting Katee Sackhoff on viewers. She not even a little bit cute. Ugh.

If you look close you can see her nipples. I'm sad and alone. Thank you.

I am blind.... I can't find this scene. :( welll, not quite :( since... *look further down*

Anyone ever jack off to the Pink Ranger when they were a kid?

No..... I would nowadays to pics of her when I was a kid. She was really hot.

Wish Hollywood would stop inflicting Katee Sackhoff on viewers. She not even a little bit cute. Ugh.

Agreed. I think she's good for an evil bitch character but... come on... pink ranger?

interesting concept. Would watch if that was a real full movie just to see how they would do with a full run time. However confused on how that is a bootleg trailer. it isn't real so they didn't pirate anything. If anything it is a fan made film.

I never watched too much power rangers as a kid..

this is dark, dirty, adult, and AWESOME.

I like how some of the "cheesy" martial arts fight aspect is still retained... that's important. Everything else is perfect. I'd pay money to see this in theaters... and I generally don't go to movies.

This is so awesome. His production team has pure talent. Wow! Amazing!

I love power rangers, so I might be a little biased, but this made my day! Thanks!

I liked the Mortal Kombat short better, but it's still better than what Hollywood can cater to.

I watched the video, but not having watched the original cartoons, was none the wiser about the end reveal. Can someone please explain? I mean, presumably, black = evil, right?

Yes the witch at the end, Rita, was the woman who gave Tommy his (evil) Power Rangers powers in the first place and tasked him to destroy the Power Rangers. Yadda yadda yadda, he turns good and fights against Rita later on.

Why yes I was a fan of the Might Morphin' Power Rangers when I was young. I stopped watching Power Rangers after the Ninjas.

blue ranger's flaming was detectable by 10yo me.... I just wanted tommy to continue keeping it real over the red ranger.

The original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was my #1 favorite show when I was a kid. Besides growing out of them, the (relative for a kids show) quality decreased after the original. I do not care if things change, if they change for the better. But although it was entertaining, I felt this strayed too far from the core of the original show.

The ranger suits did not seem all that powerful compared against modern tech, the power rangers used modern ranged weapons as opposed to strictly power ranger tech and martial arts, and martial-arts/melee did not have much of a point since the suits did not appear to make them entirely invulnerable to regular guns. Furthermore, it made no sense when their suits were either entirely off or their heads uncovered. All of that made it non-sense since there was no point to having a small team of power rangers when they were essentially nothing compared to a military. Yes, the original show did not make sense. But this is supposed to be a "mature" version, which has to be held to higher standards and SHOULD make sense.

Also, why was Rita and her forces being called the "Machine Empire?" The machine empire was the next set of villians AFTER rita/zedd and were enemies with them.

I found the video quite boring and had to fast forward. Not much skin for the R rating.

The only interesting thing was that they managed to get a couple of known actors in the project, other than that it was just the boring repetition of cgi assisted fighting that's seen in about 200 movies already. When the director starts to spend more time masturbating with the fight scene details instead of progressing the story forward it's obvious that his martial arts advisor mentally succumbed the director.

Back