Is Rock Band Coming Back?

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Nothing is set in stone and it could just be a pipe dream, but if the article over at UPROXX is true, two new songs are about to be released and the Rock Band Developer Harmonix, just surveyed players about the future of the Rock Band franchise make it look like something is stirring.

Maybe some gamers indeed miss it and would love to have fun with it again. The whole phenomenon was great because it inspired a lot of kids to play guitar for real, and it helped keep what’s left of the music business alive for a while.

I'd probably be interested in something like that. The chance that my current Xbox 360 Rock Band controllers will work with my PS4 is pretty much nil though so it's gotta be amazingly better than Rock Band 3.

image.jpg

They're on a mission from Gehyad!

I heard a few weeks ago that they were going to be releasing a new game. Wasn't anything official just something alone that lines of Harmonix telling somebody not to toss our their old instruments as they would be needing them again here real soon.

I'd love a new Rock Band game. Like seemingly every franchise they tried to make too many sequels in a short span of time. There was nothing wrong with what they had - they just overdid it, and the various Guitar Hero games compounded the issue.
Give me a XBO/PS4/PC Rock Band and I'll bite.

I suspect a lot of Rock Band games and kits Guitars are in the landfill right about now.
I personally never tried it except a demo unit they had at Walmart which I think I watched someone else play in 2004 or something.

Still got all my stuff...except I won't be buying a PS4/XB1 for this, so we'll see.

Not sure what good these games are compared to RockSmith now.

Back