Prank Callers Trolling Comcast Twitter Feed For Victims

HardOCP News

[H] News
I know I shouldn't laugh at this but it is pretty damn funny. Hell, I would've laughed if they had pranked me. :D

The customer then began recording the unbelievable call, as he got passed from phony representative to phony representative, each using foul and insulting language. “They included physical threats, sexual threats, threats of charging my account for things, as well as threats to go after my workplace,” says the customer.

Sad thing is you wouldn't be surprised if it turns out these calls actually were true.

I must be the only person in the world who has had good experiences with Comcast customer service. I only need to deal with them every few years (usually whenever my special "deal" price runs out) but they've always been nice and prompt...and I keep getting new discounts offered to me every time I call.

I think I'm just lucky or maybe the department I end up dealing with (billing) is their only good one.

I must be the only person in the world who has had good experiences with Comcast customer service. I only need to deal with them every few years (usually whenever my special "deal" price runs out) but they've always been nice and prompt...and I keep getting new discounts offered to me every time I call.

I think I'm just lucky or maybe the department I end up dealing with (billing) is their only good one.

I would bet that you coule be in the majority. Look at how big their market is and how many customers they service. While you here bad stuff every now and then, that is a very small fraction of a fraction of a percentage of the number of clients.

Comcast is in the running for Worst of the Decade if their reputation has gotten so bad these pranks are believable.

I always have problems with Comcast. I avoid calling them simply because I know that one call will turn into at least two calls and a messed up account. It usually takes two months to get credits put on the account from returned equipment. I actually tried to upgrade my internet once, yes I had to complain and say "I'm trying to give you more money, why is this so hard?".

How do these guys not get the State or Feds on their ass for some of this stuff?

Yeah, this instant was a prank (so Comcast says, but......how do you know for sure given their track record?).

I'm not sure if I am more shocked at they way they have treated their customers, or that they are competent enough to actually make a profit.

Have you ever had to deal with the competition? DSL is a joke, and even our Cable plant is absolute garbage compared to theirs. At least our Fiber is sick.

People foolish enough to post their phone numbers to a public twitter feed...

They should consider themselves lucky they weren't phished for their credit card number, instead of just pranked...

Back