Next Windows 10 PC Build Possibly Due in Late February

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
For all of you running the Windows 10 Technical Preview, it’s looking more and more likely that the next Build will not make it out until late this month or early March. So much for Microsoft’s promise of faster Build releases.

It was a long couple months between Builds 9879 and 9926. So, Microsoft has quite a span to work with when fulfilling its promise of quicker Build releases. 1 month, 29 days?

They have been releasing a pretty quick stream of updates for 9926 including the Office universal apps. There's still a lot of work to be done and it looks to me that Microsoft will be up against the wall to get 10 out the door this year.

I remember something about Windows 10 being free to us Win8 guys right?

I might try it... several months AFTER I've read the reviews and it's had a proper shakedown.

I just got Win8 exactly how I wanted it... also... where the hell did Windows 9 go?

I remember something about Windows 10 being free to us Win8 guys right?

I might try it... several months AFTER I've read the reviews and it's had a proper shakedown.

I just got Win8 exactly how I wanted it... also... where the hell did Windows 9 go?

Apparently there is legacy code out there with applications that could mix 9 with 95 or 98. Its a Y2K scare all over again. I don't believe it, but Microsoft knows all (sarcasm)

They have been releasing a pretty quick stream of updates for 9926 including the Office universal apps. There's still a lot of work to be done and it looks to me that Microsoft will be up against the wall to get 10 out the door this year.

I installed 10tp on a second system here just over the weekend. Tried to install the Office Metro Apps (excel to be exact). No go. errors. No matter what i do. Great start... alot of work to do is the understatement of the Windows 8 century.

Secondly... aside from disappearing Charms Bar (which seemed to work fine on touch devices.. just need MORE FKN OPTIONS & FUNCTIONALITY [and yes i yelled that ffs]) and the addition of some (not that great from first impressions) hybrid start menu... i'm really not impressed in the slightest.

It came out last year. Did you not upgrade? ;)

Marketing answer - it is such a big upgrade, they skipped 9 as it feels like a much bigger release.

Other rumor - some code checks for "9*" for the OS version. 9* could be 95, 98, 98SE, etc.., so to appease old shitty code writers from the 90's, they skipped to 10.

I installed 10tp on a second system here just over the weekend. Tried to install the Office Metro Apps (excel to be exact). No go. errors. No matter what i do. Great start... alot of work to do is the understatement of the Windows 8 century.

Secondly... aside from disappearing Charms Bar (which seemed to work fine on touch devices.. just need MORE FKN OPTIONS & FUNCTIONALITY [and yes i yelled that ffs]) and the addition of some (not that great from first impressions) hybrid start menu... i'm really not impressed in the slightest.

I've been dual booting 10 and 8.1 on my Surface Pro 3. 9926 initially had a lot of issues on it but it's pretty stable now. The modern Office apps are working fine with the exception of not coming out sleep.

I wouldn't say there's any one thing impressive about 9926, however the pieces are there to be a significant upgrade over 7 and 8.1. Until it all comes together in a more finished form there's really no way to judge it accurately.

Oh god enough with this myth.
exactly.

I don't see how people are buying that nonsensical excuse from Microsoft when software that would check for Windows 95/98 wouldn't even work on Windows 10.

Lorenzo%20Santi%27s%20photo.jpg

Back