The Marines Are Building Robotic War Balls

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Marines, apparently not satisfied with just having balls of steel, have decided they need robotic war balls too. :D

A research team from Stamford, Conn. has developed an amphibious drone that they are currently testing with the Marines. The GuardBot is a robot ball that swims over water at about 4 miles per hour and then rolls along the beach, at as much as a 30-degree incline and 20 miles per hour.

When you must, absolutely teabag someone overnight?

tumblr_n5crzb4H2T1tzzbmpo1_400.jpg
:cool:

it was able to detect explosive chemicals from about 2 inches away.

....and be blown to fucking hell and back right after detecting said explosives.

I mean. WTF are they wasting money on this shit for? Bomb the hell out of any beach your going to land on to get rid of any explosives that might be on it.

How are they going to fit this into "this is my rifle, this is my gun..."

Okay, I now I have a new nickname for my nether boys. WAR BALLS!

....and be blown to fucking hell and back right after detecting said explosives.

I mean. WTF are they wasting money on this shit for? Bomb the hell out of any beach your going to land on to get rid of any explosives that might be on it.

Bombs are REALLY expensive.

So, looking in back in history, the US Navy bombed Iwo Jima for 76 days and then shelled it for 3 more before the Marines went ashore.

Didn't help much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifk_h2JArnc

Yeah, these balls are cheaper than troops. A lot cheaper. And even though their explosives detection radius may be small, the thermal sensors they'll load on won't be. Not to mentioned all the wireless comm packages, weapons systems, and explosives they can cram into it.

Back