Facebook Launches ThreatExchange

HardOCP News

[H] News
How many of you out there would use something like this?

ThreatExchange is a platform created by Facebook that enables security professionals anywhere to share threat information more easily, learn from each other’s discoveries, and make their own systems safer. We included a set of privacy controls so that participants can help protect any sensitive data by specifying who can see the threat information they contribute.

as a security admin i tend to panic and stay in the know on most threats then wait two years for a patch to get implemented lol so it would just cause more panic for me.

also there are literally thousands/millions of new spam, hacks, bad ips a day i dont really need to know each one.

Now, watch it in turn get hacked, and cause issues in the systems of all parties involved. Goodbye sensitive data.

as a security admin i tend to panic and stay in the know on most threats then wait two years for a patch to get implemented lol so it would just cause more panic for me.

also there are literally thousands/millions of new spam, hacks, bad ips a day i dont really need to know each one.

I'll second this. Granted it's nice to know about the latest threats (like the encryption trojans), but I haven't seen anything really new about viruses in many years. Getting off Windows 95, forcing everyone to use limited user accounts, and limiting access to what people need has reduced the number of viruses I deal with by two magnitudes.

Since MSFT gutted TwC with their latest rounds of layoffs, it's good to see other groups cropping up to collaborate and raise the visibility of security issues. Like many things MSFT could have easily led by example, they have, again, squandered yet another opportunity.

Back